News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

I done did my seat :D

Started by inanecathode, May 15, 2008, 06:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Howdy folks. I've always heard that a stiffer seat is better. I had a bunch of landau top foam left over from an interior redesign that went awry. Landau top foam is way stiffer than the stock V seat foam, so i had a go at seat design.
I cut out an ass shaped scoop from the seat foam. I then made an ass shaped scoop pattern from the landau foam. I then made 6 more layers just like it. I terraced each peice getting smaller as i went up. I then topped it off with three pieces of foam to even out the terraces of the foam layers. They were all glued to eachother with Weldwood spray adhesive. The final shaping and terracing was done with a cool flexible and very sharp handheld saw:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

Inane , try an electric carving knife , it like cutting bread.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

oh yeah! the electric knife is THE ticket!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

inanecathode

Hand saw is better, you cant screw up as easily :P
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

jasonm.

gently with a power hand grinder works. Also Harder is better ? then use cardboard or wood.  The term is support. You either have it or you don't. This depends on depth to the seat pan and quality of foam. You can remove foam and install Gel. Then you have support. The Gel was invented for medical purposes to avoid bed sores on patients.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules