News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

something funny happened last night

Started by kiawrench, March 21, 2007, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

We are winding down our can-am week( never just a week,and many stay for summer) and the entire thing went better than planned, more people, more events, more fun, more everything except crime...........................................................

until last night- an unidentified visitor from ottawa was robbed at a local resort ,and afterward forced to get into the trunk of his car , allowing the robber to flee .

doesnt sound too unusual, as far as a crime against another goes,,,, but.....

the gentleman from ottawa is 6 ft 4 inches tall,about 220 lbs, the car - a rental - is a 2007 chrysler sebring..............................................
and the gentleman was discovered, after several hours ,by the tow truck driver that had been asked to tow the vehicle, it was parked in a handicap slot, without proper documentation.
when asked ,he said he had tried to get out, but couldnt reach the release handle for the deck lid, and he fell asleep waiting for someone to pass by.

what did the robber get?  a small wallet with buisness cards in it , no money, and his lucky rubber.

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

louthepou

Well, before anyone asks, it wasn't me in the trunk - I'm only 5 foot 9! ;D

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

h2olawyer

I have a hard time believing anyone 6' 4" could get comfortable enough in a Sebring trunk to fall asleep!

Well, at least now the robber has "protection".   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

::) Not me either...5' 9"(ish) ;D , not from Ottawa, wouldn't be seen dead in a Chrysler, especially during bike week  ;) and got no use for "Seagull's Wellies" ;D ;D :D :D :D... ;)....However, I did get a good deal at... ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER...... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lead_Deficiency

Well he was parked in the handicapped spot - maybe it wasn't because he was physically handicapped  :-\

Lucky

If he still has it to carry around, i don't think it could be considered much of a lucky rubber...
;)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

what i cant understand is,  if he is over 6 ft, and the trunk is big enough for him to get in,,,,,,, how long did it take to get in there?   someone had to see him , i went by where this happened, all of the handicap slots are well lit, in plain view, and not hidden ,esp from lobby.

something about this whole thing is starting to smell,   guess next few days will get it figured out .

am thinking this had to be a prank that went wrong after a few trips to the watering hole
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Mutt

Quote from: Lucky on March 21, 2007, 10:15:11 PM
If he still has it to carry around, i don't think it could be considered much of a lucky rubber...
;)

Of course your assuming it's his lucky rubber because it hasn't been used? Maybe it's his lucky rubber because it has been......you know.... used!  :P

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

h2olawyer

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

would be tough to get that back in the packaging Im guessing
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

See, i am guessing on this one because i've never had the need for a "lucky" rubber, *Ahem*, it's all skill...
:D

Mutt

Quote from: kwells on March 22, 2007, 03:00:11 AM
would be tough to get that back in the packaging Im guessing

I didn't read it was in the packaging but I guess if it was lucky enough for him it would be worth the trouble.  ::)

Mutt

Mutt

Quote from: Lucky on March 22, 2007, 05:43:41 AM
See, i am guessing on this one because i've never had the need for a "lucky" rubber, *Ahem*, it's all skill...
:D

Pull out!! Pull out Maverick.....your hanging on too tight!  ;D

Mutt

Walt_M.

Wonder if he wrote down the serial number on the condom?
Whale oil beef hooked!

kiawrench

the rest of the story finally came out- the fellow in trunk and his golfing buds were 3 sheets in the wind that night, he started playing around, they shut trunk and left him, thinking he could get out-- guess not.

the poor sap that found his lil wallet and stuff turned it in at hotel desk- he said found it outside, no charges filed on the finder, but fellow in trunk is going to miss his ride to ottawa-- was charged with filing false police rport,, may be here for next 90 days or so .
        hope he doesnt mind yard work .

Night Vision

bet the weather for the next 90 days is nicer in MYtrle than Ottawa...

not a bad deal in my opinion   ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Maybe the weather is better, but the view through the bars might get kind of old in a hurry.   :D

H2O

kiawrench

H20- 
   they dont put non violent ones in the area with bars,, sort of a hotel type arrangement, but they will get the full cost of his fine and all from him ,,, he will most likely be on landscaping detail,,, lot of grass to cut .

h2olawyer

You mean he will be separated from the -- mother rapers, ... father rapers & those flap their arms & yell KILL -- KILL -- KILL.   ;)

H2O

Lucky

You can get...anything you want...at Alices' resturant! ('cept'n Alice)

Ok, H20, complete this line:
"I don't wanna pickle..."