Rox or Sox --The Bet

Started by Lucky, October 23, 2007, 11:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Announcement:

H2O & I have a wager on this years World Series: Colorado Rockies vs Boston Red Sox:

The loser will post a photo on the Forum, with their bike, wearing nothing but a helmet.

It has been agreed that tactful use of a black box is allowed.

--Lucky

Warning: at our age, viewing said photo(s) may cause blindness, twitching, night horrors, acne, loss of motor function, bad breath, unusual hair growth, stator failure, ringing in the ears, job loss, Harley envy, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, thick yellow toe nails, altenator failure, anal fissures, burnt out lightbulbs, computer virus & hangnails.  you have been warned...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

Well I've  had stator failure, alternator failure, computor viruand burnout light bulbs, have ringing in the ears (tinitus), job loss, high blood pressure. so I guess I'll have a look . Its all Ok except for the Harley envy. ::)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Doesn't mean much now, but remember who gave Beckett his first loss of the year?  They also shelled Schilling the night before.  It was the Rockies first ever trip into Fenway.  I normally hate the interleague games.  However, this year, it does help the Rockies.  they went in to boston, took 2 of 3, signed their names on the back of the Green Monster and had a great time.  At least that series takes some of the awe factor out of the equation.  Like Clint hurdle keeps saying - "Be in awe of nothing, but respect everything."

Don't think it will be a sweep by either team.  Vegas odds say Sox are 2 - 1 favorites.  Keep sellin' them short - they relish the underdog role.  Going into this series with no pressure.  They weren't expected to finish above the bottom of the NL West (which was supposed to be the weakest division in baseball -  :-* ).  No reason they can't keep Rockiein' & Rollin'!  GO ROCKIES!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ironb12s

Ya know, I was relocated to CO with MCI back in 1995, and although I embraced the Avalanche over my previous Capitals, I just couldn't give up my 'Skins for the Broncos, nor my O's for the Rockies...  My 'Skins take on the Pats this weekend, and my O's, well, they ain't been the same since Ripken retired.
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

Brian Moffet

Here photoshop, photoshop, photoshop.

Oh goodie, I have CS3 here on my computer  ;D  :o

h2olawyer

Uh-oh - the Rockies had better win this.  Then we can see Lucky with the "Aahnold" body & flaming beard again!   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

Oh wait, I also have after-effects, the high-end compositing software.  I might be able to pull off a movie  :o :o :o

ironb12s

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 24, 2007, 02:49:36 PM
Uh-oh - the Rockies had better win this.  Then we can see Lucky with the "Aahnold" body & flaming beard again!   :D

H2O

Not to worry, the photo could be with said party astride said motorcycle, or perhaps standing behind it...   ;D
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

YellowJacket!

I'm having visions of the "painted chicks" on the bikes again.  :o  :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

jeez,, i aint betting !  already had most of lucky's list and i have not looked at  any pictures,,, except the ones that popup when i am reading my mail,,,lmao.

best bet for me is to not join in this wager fest- just not too many more things can go wrong before my wife can claim lemon law on me and trade me for a newer model,,, even my doctor says i should be considered for factory buy back --- hmmph ,, no respect !!  (thanx rodney, it seemed to fit in here)

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

Quote from: Lucky on October 23, 2007, 11:04:06 PM

The loser will post a photo on the Forum, with their bike, wearing nothing but a helmet.

ugh... and to think I thought the Swimsuit Calendar was a bad idea  :o
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kwells

well a calender would technically be 12 times as bad....
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

That's quite a hole behind short in Fenway.  At least Tulo knows it's there, now.

Now that the rust is shaken off . . .

:P

H2O

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

Da-da-dumm,
Da-da-da-dumm,...

oooh, that's gotta sting....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

The series is still only 1 - 0.  The Sox wasted a lot of runs last night.  They may need them in the next few games.  Remember the first game of the series with the Injuns.  After that, it was 3-1 Cleveland.  This can still be a series.  The game before the Rockies started 'The Streak', they lost 10 - 0 to the Marlins!

H2O

dj

I'm not getting in on this bet, but I'm cheering for the Sox.  Hopefully we can keep the momentum going in our favor for game 2.

It was a good game on both sides last night.  The score didn't reflect how good the rox were playing.  Man does that shortstop have a cannon of an arm.  beautiful throws on more then one occasion to get a sox guy out.

Game 2 should be a good game (the whole series should be good games either way).
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

h2olawyer

The Rockies shortstop - Tulowitzki - is a ROOKIE!  Ought to be R.O.Y.  He's been making plays &  throws like that all year & still, the Rockies have the best fielding % in the history of baseball.  They made 98 errors as a team for the entire season.  Not much on the ground gets through that infield.

IN late May, when the Rockies were 9 games under .500, Tulo spoke out to the rest of the team & said he had never been on a loser in his life & wasn't about to start now.  He added that the Rockies have the talent to be as good as they want to be.  Not bad leadership for a rookie.

H2O

dj

Gotta give him credit for stepping up like that.  That takes balls for a rookie to be talking to the rest of the team like that.

He is definetly a big boy.  They listed him has 6'3" 205lbs last night.  he moves like he is a lot smaller/lighter then that.  don't see to many big guys like him moving that well.  Usually the big guys can't seem to get out of there own way let alone making plays like he did.  I don't follow the rockies, but I expect to hear good things about him in the years to come.  Hopefully they can keep him on a long contract.  Every team needs young guys like him that can make plays and step up and lead the team when they get into a slump.

The coaches must be really happy to have him around.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

YellowJacket!

Anybody can win the first game.  Its the last one that counts.  ;D

I have to root for the sox to win.  I'd just never be able to Look at lucky the same if he lost....

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)