New indicators - Updated photos-May 16

Started by treedragon, May 03, 2012, 04:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treedragon

"Patience grasshopper" as someone seems to be forever telling me  ;D

A lot of work on at the moment and I'm being hassled to do a complete motor and then slot it in, this means I have to dig out the other motor, get the ported heads finished, find the new rings for it etc etc

As for the timing, I've not done that before so I will be doing it under guidance although most likely simply watching closely and asking stupid questions will be the case  ::)

roro
yes we can do that, I will be in touch after making some enquiries.

There is always a way

jasonm.

Quote from: treedragon on May 21, 2012, 01:07:02 AM
Ahhhhh jasonm is it my ears or am I hearing a cynic growing old before his time,  ;D ;D ;D my apologies if I'm reading this wrong.

I don't give a toss how much, if any, the horsepower gain, after all, 5% of f*** all is just that.........
I do things like this because I can, it pleases me to fiddle and that is always value enough.

50 odd years of riding the nuts off bikes and I have nothing left to prove to myself, I can ride a bike by all accounts and if I can clock up another million k's before I hop the twig then I will consider myself well blessed.
-------------------

We have a Panigale arriving shortly, been told it is just my sort of bike, will be nice to try (perk of the job)..................
I have just finished installing and mapping fuel injection and assorted other fancy bits on a late model Indian (why oh why I don't know but....), it handles like a blimp but I have to say it's now got some stomp, would like to see that motor in a frame weighing less than the Empire State Building.

my wealthy neighbor just got his Pinagale. He has a dozen+ bikes. He cannot ride this latest Ducati much because the heat off the engine is massive and just  not  for someone who wants reasonably cool ride. He thinks putting a few pounds of hamburger by his knees will be more productive than any slight enjoymernt of the ride. He has many true race bikes...his is going back to the dealer...I hear.   I do understand your tinkering. Nice to have so much spare time. At least the stock Vision is not a FAT bike. Also I have striped these Visions down. The whole frame weighs maybe 30 pounds....w/o the forks and center stand. Not bad for 1980's design
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

treedragon

yes I agree  ;D

I am looking at shaving a bunch more weight of if I can especially as some around this end of the woods seems to think the bike is a tad overweight, generally though I am the best source of weight savings.... ahem  ;D   but mainly I'm doing it more as a tidy up, simplify sort of thing.

The new stainless exhaust will dictated a bit more weight to go by the look of it. So far we are looking at using a carbon fibre Termignoni from a Ducati Streetfighter  8)  8) The style and size seem such a good fit it was an opportunity not to be missed.

I am very lucky in the sense that our shop does all this sort of thing as a matter of course and I have very valuable friend/knowledge base of many many years to keep my enquiring mind in check, (mind you he is just as bad now I think on it). My biggest hold up is that I have no coin to do what I would like to and without his support progress would be slow indeed..................

There is always a way