News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Who has named their bike and what/why did you name them?

Started by dj, June 19, 2007, 12:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

Quote from: Superfly on June 27, 2007, 05:01:39 PM
Had a nasty ol' gremlin take out my V on a CROV run.... I put the bike in the back corner (last year), hoping to kill the gremlin.... crafty little sucker is now after my ninja!  So, the gremlins are tough!  They can ALSO take out a Ninja! HAHAHAAA! ;D

Never "put a bike away" with a gremlin living in it.  It will multiply exponentially every day that it is stored and not run.  Always make sure to remove all gremlins and spray a liberal dose of "Gremlin-be-gone" over the bike before storage.  You may still have a few small gremlins who inhabit the bike when you pull it back out, but the big nasties should stay away.   ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Aelwulf

Just had a thought for mine...Papa Smurf!  However that would have to wait until I have the time/money to do a good thorough tear-down & rebuild on it then repaint it blue with white accest, and a white shark fairing if I ever get one.  But it's a thought. :) I kinda like the maroonish red it is now so we'll see.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

inanecathode

I think i'll call mine the mystery machine.
Thanks h2o :P
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

dj

Mine is still named "Stubborn old b!tch", because she still isn't running yet.  Getting closer.  Still waiting for the battery to charge back up.  She is sitting at 11.8 right now, so about another hour or so and then I can get back to work on the SOB.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

zore

It's funny you should say that.  I occasionally change the name to F*#$ PIECE OF SH#$!!  This name change usually occurs after a NJ Parkway stranding or a skinned knuckle of some sort.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Tiger

;D Aaaaaah Zore, I've just had a nasal coffee discharge ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

supervision

Lately I been calling mine "Dirty,F+%king,Bastard".  It's because I can't seem to get the flywheel back off, so I can repair my starter clutch. Been trying to pull it, but so far the DFB, is still in place.  A long time back, I attended a Vincent motorcycle rally, there were tons on bikes there, one guy had these Vincent tank decals for sale, and I got a pair. Always think I'm going to put them on my bike ,(they are sort of  "Vincent" like) but haven't done it yet.
" border="0

dj

Quote from: supervision on July 08, 2007, 09:54:20 AM
Lately I been calling mine "Dirty,F+%king,Bastard".  It's because I can't seem to get the flywheel back off, so I can repair my starter clutch. Been trying to pull it, but so far the DFB, is still in place.  A long time back, I attended a Vincent motorcycle rally, there were tons on bikes there, one guy had these Vincent tank decals for sale, and I got a pair. Always think I'm going to put them on my bike ,(they are sort of  "Vincent" like) but haven't done it yet.

Are you having issues with your puller?  How are you trying to get the flywheel off?  Puller and hammer, or impact wrench?  A puller and a 3-4 pound hammer should be adequate to get the flywheel off as long as the pullers foot is pressed against the crankshaft.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

supervision

I finally got it off!!! Three weeks ago it came off but this time I had to come up with more torque on the wrench, then she popped right off... Before I was just letting my air torque wrench tighten the bolt, this time I had to keep the flywheel from turning, then put a braker bar on the ratchet handle. Only needed about 1/4 turn past where the wrench was taking it, then it popped off.  What a relief, I got the new holes drilled, and taped, and new metric grade 8 bolts.   
" border="0

ColinthePilot

I call mine "junkyard dog" because thats where i got her. Once she's all black again (full fairing needed a paint job) i'm going to put the night-rider red LED's under the front and call it "K.I.T" Hope to have her on the road in the next 2 weeks with new tires, starter (my gremlin at the moment) and ignition switch (she gets hotwired now as well. junkyard didn't have the keys)
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning