Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Will a Virago motor slot into my XZ?

Rick G

Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kiawrench

as Lucky has already said, only vision will work for vision.
Ithink the entire frame is designed around the fact that the engine is hung, not mounted , dont see any way for too many others to even try to go in and work .
  I think the seca and maxims were touted as sister bikes, bu teven those wont slot in,,, best to keep it vision.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

Sounds like something you would say!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

doesn't sound like something i'd say...I may have, but I don't remember saying it...
I don't know enough about fabrication to say it wouldn't... I once saw an Olds 455 engine stuffed into a Pinto (don't ask, it was ugly...)  So I'd never say it couldn't be done.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

wasnt word for word , but was the intent ,,  rem: phone conversation, , anyway , did find some interesting news on the rack/backrest search--- no one knows who made those for yamaha , not even yamaha  has a record of mfg,, (just that it was a yamline product) and that 75.0% of ones made were returned and refined for use in other product line add ons ,,
           am going to just hook up with guy at machine shop down th estreet, see what we can make on day ,, he gets off on that kind of stuff--
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .