CROV spring run.. It was fantastic!

Started by glennw, March 07, 2005, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

The Spring CROV run is ON .....Confirm your spot!!

Dave and Craig, two of the Northern Cal V Guys have come up with a cabin and great roads for us to ride... get it ready and join in....!!!!!!

The weekend of May 14th, near Sonora CA.

so far we have: ;D
Dave & Barb
Ron
Glenn
Superfly
Greg & Family
Craig
Don
Vic
Extent

maybe... not confirmed: ?:o

can't make it until the fall run ?:'(
Brian.. Dirtyvision
H20
Rex
Stu

wondering about: ?YOU...?

where: ?Thanks Dave....!!!!

"the cabin is in the clear for May 14th. ?Bring on the biker dudes! ? This cabin is will be a perfect place for us, it can sleep 15 easy and more if we need. It has 1.5 bathrooms (one shower). Ping pong table,wine celler, fire pit, . It's a easy place to get to only 15 min. above Sonora, ca., about1/2 mile off of hwy 108.. "

Ok you vision riders, this is how you get to the cabin. ?Take hwy 108 through Sonora, ?up past the Twain Harte area the road becomes narrow and tight. ?It's only about four or six curves up the road you will see a sign Sugarpine, Ca. ? Just past that sign there is a small road that parraells ?the hwy, take it . ? 100' turn right, take it 200' turn right... ?this puts you on "Pine Lake Drive" ?you will be going down hill for maybe 1/2 mile. when the downhill bottoms out, the cabin is on the left. There is a sighn ?out front that says Schali Chalet. ?

If you miss the little road, you can go past Kelly's Kitchen and turn right back behind the resturant then you need to turn left and then right to get started on Pine Lake Drive. ? ? There is a gas-mini mart called Zak's ?has a phone booth ?Cabin phone # ?209 ?586-4768 ?My home ?# is 209 632-9042 ?or cell 209 485-2049 ?Dave ?

Half Mad Max

Superfly

I am in!  My V is up and running, just rode her in today.   8)
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Ron_McCoy

I'm hoping for Dave and Craig to take us on some of their
favorite roads. You don't learn to ride that fast without good
roads to ride on.

Superfly

Where will it be this year?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

gbranche

I will tentatively commit to attending, but work pressures will prevent me from participating in any planning.

Greg

glennw

Dave and Craig...
I guess we are counting on you guys if its going to happen in Northern Cal.. any suggestions?  ;D
Glenn
Half Mad Max

supervision

you're  right it's time to plan a ride.. if we ride in my area it could be kind of cool this early in the season..  about the first part of june is about the earlyist I would sugest.  I would hate to have the weather not copoperate when you are comming that far.  I would really like to meet at my house, then go on a good ride..maybe  150 miles or so and then stay at my inlaws cabin , just above Sornora.  I also thought of doing a fall ride  or maybe both .. what do ya think?  Dave      
" border="0

glennw

Alright! Early June work for you guys?
Where do you live Dave?
Spring and Fall yea!!!! ;D
Glenn
Half Mad Max

supervision

hi  Glennw, I live in Turlock,Ca.  It's on hwy 99  75 mi. north of Fresno .  Just 20 mi to the east is where the good stuf starts, no traffic good turns mostly good pavment.  Dave
" border="0

glennw

Sounds great to me.. guys lets see how many we can get. ::)
Dave if you can pick a date , find a motel for us to stay near by and post the info... that should get us started off anyway.
Come on the rest you guys who's up for this  ??? ???
Thanks Dave!
Glenn
Half Mad Max

gbranche

Well, if it's going to be June, I'd prefer it be mid-June at the earliest. Well, actually, sometime during the last 2/3 of the month. (There's a software developer's conference that I may be attending June 6-10.)

Greg

glennw

What about late May.. the week end before Memorial day..?
that would be like 21st.. (before summer vaction starts) or if that won't work... the 18th of June is about as late in June as I can make it because of a July 1st vacation date.
Glenn

H20.. you ready to come back to Cali?
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Thanks for the invite!

I'd really like to get out there again to ride with y'all.  Unfortunately, I don't think I can make it this spring / early summer.  There are a couple legal education conferences I attend every June so that shoots the travel budget for a while.

If you have a fall ride, I might be able to make it out for that but it is a long ways off for now.  Maybe we can take Rick_G up on his offer for a NW Arizona meet.  Not the great tight twisties of last fall's ride but there are parts of historic Route 66 that could be great to ride.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

yea, I think your write, May would be fine.  the 14th or 21st looks good to me..   My Inlaws have a cabin on 108 above Sonora, we could meet up there and  do  a good ride from there..  Lets do it, start saying who's interested.... Dave
" border="0

glennw

OK guys how about the 21st of May?  ;D
If I miss the girlfriends birthday on a bike ride...
well it won't be pretty.... :-/

So Dave are you saying we would start at the cabin and can stay at the cabin or stay in Sonora?

lets get a show of whos interested.....  ???
Half Mad Max

supervision

Yes stay  at the cabin.   I got to get to work, talk to ya later, Dave
" border="0

ProfessorRex

I might be interested in going, especially if I could bumb space on a couch or a spot to pitch a tent.  I turn 21 on the 5th so I could justify it to my girl as a birthday adventure (she hates being without me, and I don't mind that! not one bit!)

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

ps2/bikevision

man all you CA guys suck we still got snow in michigan. but i still rode last month but only cause i had to get the bike home before i took off on another trip that would keep me away for a couple months or so.

we need a ride in the east or mid. not to many vision owners in my area. oh well ill just have to keep riding with all the sport bikes around here. my buddy is working on a cruiser now so that will be good.

Ron_McCoy

supervision

I spoke to Craig yesterday, he reminded me that May is the best. He was on his way out of town until next week..   He thinks that Sonora Pass might be open by then, or at least hopefully as low as Kennedy Meadows.  
" border="0