Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

3rd CROV Spring Run.... April 1 & 2, 2006

Started by glennw, January 15, 2006, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Great show, Coyle.  Looking forward to getting in on another one of these great meets.  Maybe this fall.

As for the "can on the blue vision", the bike belongs to Ron McCoy.  It has the stealth Photon Black paint hiding under that blue.  He says it's the fastest color!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

The can is part of the exhaust system I built to assist the photon drive.  Basically its a piece of stainless tubing with a silencer consisting of a cup that the inlet pipe blows into, then the gases are allowed to escape around the sides of the cup.  Its reasonably quiet at idle and low rpm.  I've sat next to LEOs at stoplights and passed by them in traffic and never been stopped.  It does, however have a nice raspy bark through the midrange and top end.
Performance-wise it seems to work pretty well.

Probably the most significant moment of our ride was settling the question of the status of the CROV.
We voted unamimously that we are a gang, not a club and should be referred to as such from now on.

Ron-CROV gang member

gbranche

Now that we have that settled..

Who's going to design the pattern for the embroidery on the back of our jackets?

:)

Greg

visionless

Quote from: gbranche on April 06, 2006, 02:43:53 PM
Now that we have that settled..

Who's going to design the pattern for the embroidery on the back of our jackets?

:)

Greg

Can anybody embroider a burnt stator?
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

Just use all those old Stator's we have as branding irons.
I'm mean....as a gang we have to get leather jackets... Right?  Put it in the middle of a big giant "V"
;)
Half Mad Max

visionless

If we're going to do that, why not just wear them as medallians.  It's not like there isn't enough of them to go around.  If you don't have one just call Craig.  He generates at least one a gathering.
                     Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Superfly

"Scooter guys" are clubs, and I live in LA, so "gang" has a taboo ring to it....

I voted for Posse... I always wanted to be part of a Posse (minus the police work...)
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

Careful'n  how you be spellin' that son!
I thought you were a talking about them furry things with nine lives...  ::)
Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

Quote from: dminor on February 25, 2006, 08:44:28 AM
I just found out yesterday that I have to retire on the 24th of March. My better half has already said I could be there, but I don't know if I can.
? The little "V" is running fine, of coarse the valve cover leak is messy after about 300 miles. If I do show, no BMW this time
Don ???

Don,
           Are you out now? We had a great ride celebrating your escape. You must take the time to go up and see that Museum now that you got so much of it.
8)
coil

glennw

Coming soon.. our fall ride plans... ;)
Half Mad Max

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

To the CROV guys.... who remember our dining experience on our first night..
Well a couple of weeks ago I was searching for fishing reports on the Walker river and up came the web site for the place we had such bad night...
So I decided to write.. Here is the reply!

Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:44:41 -0700

Ouch!.....Glen,
Not sure if we could have done any worse if we’d planned it….if you are up for another shot…dinner is on me …bring Craig and Dwight…sounds like we also owe them an apology.
Glad you enjoyed the beer ……I’d be heading for the Cold Springs bridge if you had nailed us on that aswell.
Drop me an email when you want to come by.
Sincere apologies
David Walker
Co Owner
Firestone Walker Brewing Co
PS…..Its the Firestone Walker Brewing Co……not Firestone Brewery…..important distinction should your surname be Walker.

Half Mad Max