News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

we need to commemorate the Visions 20th

Started by Lucky, February 08, 2002, 03:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I did some checking on printing prices and found a place near me that does photo transfers. this is similar to an iron on, but is more of an ink penetration than a big sheet of plastic, which would be pretty hot in the summer.  cost is about $13 each complete, plus i figure a flat shipping fee of $2 to make the price $15 each.  i think this is pretty reasonable.  the only restriction is that it would have to be a light color shirt.  choices are White, Ash (a kind of grainy grey) light blue, yellow, etc.

the alternative would be screen printing which would run $20-25 PER COLOR.  i'm guessing 50-100 shirts, so as you can see that would be really expensive.

the shirts are a 50-50 mix, and would take about 2 or 3 weeks (she said closer to 2, but it depends on how quickly our approval takes)

I'd like to get a consensus on how many are interested, colors, sizes, etc.  also i really don't have the cash to lay out, so i would ask this to be pre paid, and would set a cut-off date for orders.  a second run can be done later if needed.

What think yee?

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

neuendor

Are you sure that's not $20-25 *setup* charge per color?  20-25 per shirt is ludicrous for screen printing...

mbaur

A friend of mine had t-shirts for our local "club" done. He charges $20 per shirt, but that includes some overhead going to a beneficiary (ride4kids). You might want to shoot him an email and ask him where he got his t-shirts done.

http://www.snafu.org/smbc/mail/2001/msg00030.html
http://www.snafu.org/smbc/p-2001-Nov-02-001.jpg

Have fun,
Markus

Lucky

should i take advice from someone at "snafu"? lol, just kidding.

I failed to mention the reason for using screen printing would be that it can be done on any color shirt.  I described to the printer the what the pictures ook like, and what would make the setup expensive is that Ron's picture has a gradient of color from dark to light. in order to get an accurate reproduction of that pic would take several colors and screening passes.  this process is more suited to mass production in the thousands and above, and is usually done in larger facilities, etc.  

Photo processing is more suited to our needs.  it is similar to a photographic process, but the image is reversed (so that letters come out correctly) then the "photo" is printed, and then heat transfered to the tee shirt. when the photo is heated the ink used is transfered to the material.  the benifits here are that like a printer the colors are accurate to the original, setup is a one time thing (they keep a copy of the "photo" on file)  turnaround time for susequent orders is quick.  

they sold me on it... i don't think we are looking at more than 300 MAX, really,. the couple of visionaries i've talked to have mentioned they would be interested in 2 or 3 shirts, probably some wives or kids might want some...

Also i didn't (yet) get a lot of details on sizes, long or short sleaves,  if we want more than one color shirt, etc, except that i was told by a friend who has more "photo smarts" than i, that it would be best to limit the shirt colors to one or 2 as the original pics used for the photo screening could be optimised to produce the best results for that color shirt.  i think i would prefer a deep blue shirt, but i wouldn't have a problem personally with a grey color.

well those are my thoughts, lets hear your opinions too.  

--Lucky

Lucky

as of now i have 3 people interested in a total of 11 shirts, if you are interested, send me an EMAIL PLEASE:

number of shirts
size preference (figure for now they run small) in "childs size", and adult sizes SM, M, L, XL, XXL

and color preference (please try it keep it light.)

i will come up with a prototype picture SOON

--Lucky

RussD

Hey Lucky.....More old posts. What ever happened to this? Did you guys get them? Any left?
2005 Governor Cup Champion Toledo Mudhens

Lloyd Cooper.........the best coach a Michigan opponent could ask for!

'82 Vision (Sold???)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572170463
'98 Honda Blackbird/CBR 1100XX

Lucky

nope, only 15 made (I bought 5) long gone...