key tag design..............?

Started by vadasz1, July 03, 2008, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

I would like to design a keytag for ROV members and would like to have your opinion.  Approx. size is 1" x 2.5" and ovalish in shape.  This isn't set in stone as I haven't seen any samples yet, but it should be close.  I will repost with updated pictures next week or after once I meet my friend who does dye sublimation work.

The front will have the Yamaha logo along with text of 'ROV' and 'Ontario Chapter' or whatever text we decide upon.  The back will have the bike's name, owner's name or his avatar name on it.  I think it would look cool if the name would match the colour of the bike.

so give me some input and I will do my best.  Price wise I haven't a clue but don't really see it going higher than say $10 including postage.

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

joevacc

I think they look Great!

What material will they be made out of?  I like the rubbery plastic material that you see with logos, they won't scratch the triple tree.
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

vadasz1

Joe: They will be made from some sort of plastic.  And definately won't scratch the tree.  I don't think it will be flexible tho, but I will find out next Wednesday when I meet up with my friend.

I would like to get some feedback as to what text should be used.  I have included 4 samples in the picture.  If anyone knows of another font to use then youcan send it to me via e-mail.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

skipa82

Love them. Can't wait to get my hands on one.  And Just for future knowledge I have a friend that can make removeable decals in any script, color, size or Design that your heart desires.
"What would life be without monsters and Visions" Lilly Munster 1970's tv show.

kiawrench

lol,, ceven the best ideas come around again ,, we did th etag thing last year ,, and mine still gets attention,, holds bike key, tag box key, hangs perfect from a pair of chaps,, and with the logo,, it draws huge attention when in company of other riders .   thanks again guys,, i still love my tag .  but ,, i do have another bike ,, so i too will need one of those once it all gets figured out,,, do not forget to let us know pricing, etc .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Kevin

The Illinois chapter is in my garage. ::)

vadasz1

I see I am getting alot of good resposes.  I will forward them to my sublimstion friend and have a sample ready for posibly next week.  I will atleast get his CorelDraw drawing posted to see how well it will be responded to.

I think I might just need to have you guys PM me with your requests.  And YES, I can design what ever logo or text you want.  If you even send me a bunch of pics and describe what parts to be placed on the tags that will do too.

Rick G

The Arizona chapter will need one for each member,total (1) and I'd like one of the Ontario tags too!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

motorcyclezen

I'm gonna' have to run with the Arial Black--looks more Visionesque, I think.

I like the old school Yamaha tuning fork logo too. Saw it on a newer sport bike the other day, and I was coveting some stickers.

DC Chapter, total membership: 1 ;)

Count me in for purchase--my bike may be a project, but my keytag will be fly.

Ed--

pullshocks

I'll take one.  Washington chapter.  I like the Georgia Bold and the blue color.

Pullshocks

vadasz1

I think I got a final price nailed down.  The keytags would cost everyone $12 each, and that will include postage.  Also the keytag shape will be changed from oval to a rectangular shape approx. the same size (1.25" x 3").  Just because the rectangle one can be printed on both sides.  I will need to know from everyone how many they want; whether they want their name or their bikes name or bike picture (you must supply a very clear picture for this one at a resolution of atleast 600 DPI) on the back of the keytag; and please specify from the 4 available text samples which one you would like as well as the colour for the name on the back (colour can be of any shade you like, you supply the colour name to make it easier).  Please PM me with your personal addresses and payment method (all prices in US dollars and checks can be mailed to me, I will give that info in a replied PM).  Once I recieve payment then I will send them out. 

I hope all of you will like the tags as I have seen a sample tag printed last week and it looks great.  If anyone wants they can also ask Tiger of his opinion.

YellowJacket!

There is a guy in GB that sold me about 30 plastic Key tabs and I sold them back to some of the ROV members about a year ago.  He made several custom ones for us including the "25th Anniversary" one.  If you don't have the facilities to make one, he could probably do it and quite cheaply too.

I'll take an XZ550RJ YellowJacket! SEROV one though.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

vadasz1

YJ: I looked at the Yamaha site and their key tags for some of the new models are about $20 plus shipping is extra.  A custom keytag is not to expensive for $12 and shows our pride for :

1. Our precious Vision
2. Our precious forum/website
3. Our precious ego
4. Last but not least our freedom to be different.

BTW YJ, what does SEROV stand for?

YellowJacket!

SEROV - South East Riders of Vision  ;D

I just took some pics of my custom tag.  WIll post it in a few mins.

David

YellowJacket!

vadasz1

If you all want these key tags then you will have to PM me with your address's and then send me the payment.  I hope to here from all of you after this CANADIAN long weekend.

vadasz1

bump!

I  talke d to my buddy and he said that he can do it for $10 USD including mailing it out. If this souds good to everyone please PM me your addy and I will send you mine so that you know where to send the checks. 

It's funny how there were a good bunch of Visionaries interested and now all I hear is silence. :( :o