News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

2012, 30 year anniversary

Started by Lucky, July 28, 2009, 12:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I don't think it's too early to start planning...

Great riding all over (& just getting) here & centerally located..   ;D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

don_vanecek

Hummm, interesting, about 950 mi for me, relatives I could split the trip with in St Louis, about half way, I've never been to that part of the country-interesting idea!!

Kiwi

I should have mine running well by then :P ;D
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox

YellowJacket!

Im in...may be coming from charleston or birmingham but I'm in, definitely.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Cool - tons of time to plan and find riding / driving partners - depending on fuel prices by then.  Won't commit either way, but I'll do some preliminary planning.   8)

Putting together the 25 year week was kind of fun.  Not too time consuming since I just put the lodging stuff in the hands of a professional.  It seemed to mostly work out.  A hint - try to find a resort type condo with a parking garage to use as the primary gathering / lodging place.  The time spent drinking beers around the bikes after the rides were quite memorable!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

I'm there or here or something if I'm still around. The bike most definately will still be here.
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Night Vision

Quote from: kiwi on July 28, 2009, 02:43:35 PM
I should have mine running well by then :P ;D

aww crap, that's funny....

google maps says walking from Dallas to the Dragon is only 12 days 6 hours.....you'd have to give me a 6 hour head start 
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

akvision

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

kwells

QuoteThe time spent drinking beers around the bikes after the rides were quite memorable!

aye. Watching 2 stator changes was interesting as well.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

akvision

My "akV" is in Denver.
I have a BluV under diagnosis in Santa Cruz, CA.  Getting a new carb and starter.
"reklesrydr" has custody.  "rhpaw" is custodian for the other.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Rick G

I won't be able to make the 30th , unless its in Vegas or Havasu. LOL  But ,maybe I can send a mask, so I can be represented. When the ride is done, Inane could use it as a dart board!! ;) :D ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

artbone

If any Visionaries would like to come to Mexico, either individually or as a group, I would be glad to host them. San Miguel de Allende is a beautiful 500 year old colonial town in the mountains at 6500 ft. and has wonderful motorcycle roads in every direction that will make you forget the Tail of the Dragon.

Our MotoClassico group is a bunch of old farts that love riding bikes and we've explored a lot of this region. Last Jan a group of us rode to Guatemala for 3 weeks. It would be sort of pricy to get here but, after you're here, things are a lot cheaper than the states. There's a motorhome park about a mile from El Centro for those that don't want to ride that distance.

San Miguel is about 600 miles south of Laredo TX.

Art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650