News:

Main Menu

Broken plug wire boot

Started by Flyby, October 25, 2010, 04:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyby

Hello to all my future mentors out there- just got an '82 RJ a few months ago and was very happy to discover this site!
I have a broken plug wire boot that plugs onto the spark plug. [The long plug wire.] I could see it arcing, so I wrapped it with electric tape and have been riding it like that, but need to get it fixed. I ordered a plug wire from the local dealer for forty bucks and when it came in it was just a piece of wire-no boot. I'm told that's normal for motorcycles.....anyway, I thought maybe one of you out there would have some advice on a good way of repairing this little booger.
Thanks!

Night Vision

hey bro....  ???

google or go to an auto parts store for a NGK VD05F (zero, not oh) aka NGK 8052
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Flyby

Hey bro- thanks for the info. And sorry about the night vision infringment......didn't realize it was taken already  :-[

fret not

Unfortunately such prices  :o  are not uncommon for vehicle parts these days.  But things are looking up, especially if you contact Tiger for some of his plug wires and caps. :)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Tiger

Quote from: fret nut on October 26, 2010, 02:04:01 AM
..... especially if you contact Tiger for some of his plug wires and caps. :)

Thanks fret nut... 8)

Here you go Flyby......A brand new set of spark plug wires/caps, custom made to order and shipped to any location...only $25.00 USD + (actual) shipping. That is two plug wires WITH plug caps for your money!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Flyby

;DTiger- are you willing to throw in some of your flame proof grease too?

Tiger

Quote from: Flyby on October 26, 2010, 11:49:46 AM
;DTiger- are you willing to throw in some of your flame proof grease too?

:) Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kevin

I get these from Dennis Kirk. As Night Vision stated  NGK VDO5F caps and 7mm wires. Cheap fix. Also 3/16" gas line works great for vacuum hose.