News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

California V riders.. let's go

Started by glennw, January 26, 2004, 11:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Well, mine sounds more like a baritone angry sewing machine :-)  (one of these days I'll fix that exhaust ;-)

Ron_McCoy

Thanks Greg and Glenn.Mine growls more like a mad woodchipper on steroids.This could be the largest west coast gathering of Visions ever.Hopefully the media won't follow us the whole time.

glennw

I wondering about a couple of California V guy from the recent past...
Eric bought some parts from me.. I think he was in San Jose.
Steve D was from Fullerton....he bought my parts bike....
you guys out their somewhere  ???
come on an join the "V" ride !!!
Glenn W

Half Mad Max

glennw

Just wanted to put this back on the radar as we are getting closer to May 1st and the great California V ride. ;DReserve your room! Check your stator! ???
Pack your regulator.... ;)
Glennw
Half Mad Max

BrokenVision

Hey guys, I'd be down for the ride, but my vision has been
comatosed for the past few years.  Got it to rumble a bit
last week.  Never was reliable when it ran regularly.  Don't
trust it further than I can push it.  If, by some miracle,
I can get it roadworthy by the 1st, I'll be there.  I'm
in Rancho Cucamonga (1hr east of LA).  
There is a narrow possibility that I could tow it, have my
girlfriend drive, and pretend to ride it on the trailor!LOL.

gbranche

QuoteHey guys, I'd be down for the ride, but my vision has been comatosed for the past few years. ?Got it to rumble a bit last week. ?Never was reliable when it ran regularly. ?Don't trust it further than I can push it. ?If, by some miracle, I can get it roadworthy by the 1st, I'll be there. ?I'm in Rancho Cucamonga (1hr east of LA). There is a narrow possibility that I could tow it, have my girlfriend drive, and pretend to ride it on the trailor!LOL.

Well, even if you don't bring the bike, you're welcome to show up and do a little socializing. There will (hopefully) be enough of us there to swap stories with, and you may learn enough to get your Vision road-worthy in time for the NEXT gathering.

Greg

Lucky

Awwe, c'mon guys, you mean no-ones offering to host a wrenching party for BVision?  Trailer the bike there, everyone bring tools, and assign tasks..
one person cleans his carbs, someone else cleans the electricals, get a couple of guys working on R & R'ing the stator, lol you'll have him up & running in a day, & he can go too!  ;)

Then you have the wives/girl friends bikini pose on the bike and take pics for "posterity"..

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

BrokenVision

You guys are insane.  F it,  We'll cruise up.  I have to get
some work done on my truck first...  Plenty of time.  As long
as my girl isn't the only one bikini posing, I'm sure she'll
be down.  It's a clean bike, you'll be happy to see it. Can't
wait to check out the others.  Anywhere to camp out there?

glennw

Another little reminder...
You have only one more week to get a room. The rest of the place is sold out that week end. Why not join in our little California gathering...
I belive we have only 3 V's at this point locked in.... sad but true.... May 1st will be here before you know it.
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Brian Moffet

glennw

Can we get to an even half dozen?
GlennW
Half Mad Max

gbranche

(Time to get this topic moved back to the first page...)

To date, I have received (via email) a grand total of 2, count 'em, two (2) confirmations that folks have reserved rooms. Glenn & Don, thanks for the confirmations. For anybody else who's planning on showing up, let me know that you've got your room reserved out of the block of rooms that I set up a couple of months ago. Otherwise, I'll release the three that have so far not been spoken for, so I don't get charged for them, sometime next week.

Here's the original reservation info that I posted:

QuoteThe California Riders of Vision Rally (CROVR) will be held on May 1st-2nd, 2004, in San Miguel, CA. Accommodations will be provided by:

Western States Inn
1099 K St.
San Miguel, CA 93451
805-467-3674

I have called and reserved a block of 6 rooms. 5 of them are single bed rooms, while mine will be a 2-bed room (for my son and myself, and possibly my wife). The rooms are reserved under the group name of "California Riders of Vision". Vin Patel, the proprietor, has reserved rooms 10, 12, 14, 16, 40, and 42 for us. They are all co-located, for ease of socialization.

If you are going to attend, you need to call the Inn and get your room reserved (on your credit card instead of mine :)) out of that block of rooms, and then drop me an email (gbranche@pacbell.net) letting me know that you'll be there. On March 31st, I will tally the totals, and release any rooms out of the reservation block that have not already been spoken for by then. If you need more than one bed, just let Mrs. Patel know and she'll fix you right up. I'm sure that if you need the room for Friday night in addition to Saturday night, that would be fine with her too. The room rate is $89.00/night. They also have a 5-day cancellation policy, so if you end up having something else interfering, make sure you cancel your reservation in time.

According to Glenn, the rest of the facility is already booked, so if you'd like a place to sleep besides the parking space next to your bike, let me know before I release the rooms.

Greg

gbranche

(Time to get this back in the spotlight again...)

Final tally for the California Riders of Vision rally is six attendees: Glenn, Don, Brian, Ron, my son Matt, and myself. I just called the Western States Inn and released the one room that I had reserved that had not yet been claimed, so if you're still planning on attending, you are left to your own devices for your accommodations.

Matt and I are planning on arriving on Friday afternoon/evening (4/30), and will spend the weekend in the area before returning home on Sunday. Don mentioned that he'll get there on Friday also. For us early arrivals, I'm planning on exploring some of the more interesting roads in the area on Saturday, and returning to the motel mid- to late-Saturday afternoon (to greet those arriving then). We can also plan on another group ride on Sunday before going our separate ways.

I'll see y'all in two weeks!

Greg

glennw

Greg...
Excellent, I can't believe we are going to pull this off!!!
Do you have a cell # you can e-mail me ???
I may come up early Saturday AM, as I'm only an hour and a half away. ?
glennw@forms-surfaces.com
Glennw ?;D
Half Mad Max

glennw

Bump  ;D
V-minus 10 days and counting.  :P
Not to late to join the historic meeting of the "V"s  :o
Half Mad Max

Don Minor

;DTook the little V out for a spin with the soft bags.The wind in the mountains was about 30-40 MPH,bags did catch the wind alot more than the bare bike.The only problem was that the clamps on the aft Y pipe loosened up after 200 miles.I did however get 30 more miles to my tank full and @$2.79 per gal it made me fell pretty good about next weeks ride.I'll tighten the clamps and install some safety wire,that should keep it from coming loose again.See you guys next weekend.
Don

senornick

Dang,Just found this forum. I'm Nick in Sactown (GO KINGS)
Like to meet up with y'all.Don't know if I can swing this fast.

glennw

Come on down Senornick.... It's not that far for you!!
You got a whole week to get it going! ?;D
GlennW
Half Mad Max

senornick

What do V riders do when they're together? What do they talk about?
Let me see if I can pull this off.

QBS

If you have to ask, then you wouldn't understand.