News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Tank Bag Magnets

Started by MotorPlow, January 23, 2006, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorPlow

I have both hard bags and a luggage rack. I can't wear the bookbag on my bag as it was manufactured with only one shoulder strap that is supposed to be worn around the neck and one arm. I am not wearing anything around my neck while riding the bike.

I want the tank bag as I want to do more long distance riding this summer and I am looking at using the tank bag for maps and such. As it is now, I use binder clips and attach my maps to the sides of my full fairing (above the air ducts) after I put them in ziplock freezer bags (To protect them from weather).

kiawrench

you could,,,,
   use the smal plastic hook, rubbr tipped bungees!

make small cut in upper end and lower end of the bag, ask wife very nicely to sew the bungees into the back of the bag, this way, can quickly mount or demount the bag, and it holds securely. if the fit is lose, can knot the cord to adjust to hold tightly .

This will also allow you to keep the strap, and carry the bag with you if need be just hook ends of cord together behind the bag

home depot, lowes and wal mart all sell these small rubber coated plastic hook bungee cords. ones i saw tonight stuck in my head, 2.85 for two cords each will extend to 36 inches , more than enough to hold the bag in place , and still adjust by use of single knots inside the bag
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

MotorPlow

Quote from: kiawrench on January 25, 2006, 11:40:52 PM
you could,,,,
? ?use the smal plastic hook, rubbr tipped bungees!

Yup, that's my 2nd choice. I have one of those bungee nets that will work okay over the entire bag. Just wanna try the magnets first and see what I can do with them.

Thank everyone for their help.
~MP

Walt_M.

A note of caution to the backpack wearers. Be careful how much you put in the pack. In the event of a crash, should you happen to land on your back a fully loaded backpack could cause you to break your neck.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Superfly

I have just used a bungee cord & a backpack on the back of the bike.  Gone Many, many miles like that.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.