News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Anyone have access to a Mill / Lathe?

Started by Blake, December 20, 2005, 04:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

Just thought i'd throw this out.  Was wondering if anyone had access to a metal working mill and lathe to see if i could get a couple parts (4 to be exact) made for something I'm working on for my vision.  Just two flanges and two steel rods bored out.  They're pretty simple, but just thought i'd rather pay a few bucks to someone on the forum instead of some machine shop who probably wont even want to do it.   Just want it out of mild steel, as thats what i can weld with what i have here, and gives me a few more options.. so nothing exotic.

actually maybe 6 :)  just thought of two more flanges id probabaly need.  ;D

If so let me know.

thanks,

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

MotorPlow

Blake,
You're just a little too late...
Ferrum College used to have a metal lathe, but it is no longer where is used to be. I don't know what they did with it. The next couple of times I work, I will see if they got rid of it or just moved it somewhere else.
~MotorPlow

Coil Coyle

Blake,
PM me a rough hand sketch with dimensions or Email a scan of the same. I'll use it to train a mechanic. The material is probably already here waiting on you. You pay postage.
;)
coil