d0n

??? ahhh shit 

...feeling really stupid now!  :P

Brian Moffet

I know that feeling, glad we got it sorted out before you ordered parts  :D

Brian

h2olawyer

Quote from: Night Vision on July 27, 2006, 07:55:25 AM
dOn, I don't think you had the right bike picked when you were looking at the parts diagram.

for example....the part mumbers for the brake pads should start with 11H (1982) or 11U (1983)
not 4W

Not all Vision (XZ550) parts begin with 11H or 11U.  Many of the parts that are used on more than one model have different starting letters & numbers than those specific to the Vision.  Take a look at the actual Yamaha parts site where you get part numbers only (no prices).  As I recall, the 4W designation on some brake parts is correct for the Vision.  Some of the parts also carry a 28V start to their numbers (thinking 83 fairing parts?).

The 11H & 11U designations do cover a majority of Vision parts.  However, it helps to be looking at the Vision parts listing when you are trying to find numbers.   ;D  (good D'oh moment, d0n!)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: d0n on July 27, 2006, 12:22:24 PM
??? ahhh shit 

...feeling really stupid now!  :P

I had a training manager once say...." You should make a fool of your-self at least once a day".....It's your day d0n... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;).

Feel sure we have ALL been there.... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

d0n

hahah  - yep, it's my turn!  :P