A Few Questions

Started by thekid, January 11, 2005, 03:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekid

Okay, here goes.  I just finished doing my clutch and starter clutch over (thanx for the starter clutch how to Lucky ;D)and my ride is now mechanically sound for next season, but she's not quite where I want her to be looks wise. Does anyone know where I can get an attractive set of mirrors that will bolt right up to my full fairing Vis?  I have the big old doofy ones that come stock, but the rubber boots wore out and besides, i think they really detract from the looks of my bike I really want something a little sleeker........
     Also I was wondering if anyone has an aftermarket exhaust in decent condition to sell me.  either 2/1 or 2/2's are okay with me, my stock exhaust just sounds wheezy :P
     And last , I think my fuel mileage is a little low... only 25-30 mpg!! is this normal? It doesnt seem right to me ??? Any thoughts welcome. thanks guys (and girls)
Ride It Like You Stole It!

kiawrench

the doofy mirrors are just about all you may find, the bike is over twenty years old and was never popular enough for the aftermarket to make "custom "pretty ones . You may get lucky with a few honda mirrors being close(silver wing or gold wing mirrors) but most likely going to be finding newer doofy ones.-------------------------------------------------
 http://www.macperformance.com/store/category.cfm?SID=3&Category_ID=699    is your link for an exhaust that is the best fit,best price and great sounding pipe set, ready to bolt on ,,,,, super trap also makes a sweet set, but the price will drive you nuts . choice is yours, ,,, but vision sounds
wheezy even brand new,, sort of like a eureka floor sweeper.//

lastly , a vision that has been sitting for a while will get strange mileage for the first 250 miles or so,,, once you get everything settled in and running regular, tune her up with some new plugs and the mileage will go up,,,, but dont look for perfect count, mileage will vary depending on actual tank capacity,how you ride it and how much it just sits and idles.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

As for the mirrors, it's like anything else, you can fiberglass over the mount holes in the fairing, weld up the mount holes in the frame and drill & tap for whatever new mirrors you wish to use.  if you can fab, the sky's the limit.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lead_Deficiency

louthepou

You could also get a pair of new aftermarket mirrors from a bike dealer. Yamahas have one mirror with reverse thread, which is not that common I think in other manufacturers.

A few years back, I got a pair from a dealer, aftermarket, quite cheap. They were smaller than the original Vision mirrors... I probably gained an extra mph or two in top speed... wow.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

thekid

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Superfly

As far as an Exhaust goes, I am so spoiled with my Supertrapp, If I would have broke it int the accident, I would pay the extra $$$ for another!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

EH

Superfly, how about some photos of the Supertrapp system that you have? Is it simply Supertrapp mufflers on the stock system or was it made by Supertrapp? I have a 4" Supertrapp muffler on my SRX and love the way it sounds. It looks great too being polished stainless steel! Is it a dual muffler system? Is it all stainless steel?
Thanks, EH

Superfly

Here are some older pictures of my bike showing the Supertrapp exhaust (before "Busted Vision :'()

It is a 1 pipe system, it has a two-to-one y pipe on the front, a two-to-one y pipe on the rear (which does this "s" curve so you can still use the center stand) and as you can see in the pictures has a two-to-one exhaust pipe (over/under)

But now it looks like this......

EH

Do you know who manufactured the system? It is definitely                a nice exhaust system. Any part numbers, or any names other than supertrapp on it? thanks. Bummer about the crash !!!

Lucky

Hey Ed, did you get my second email? about a week or so ago?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

I still have it dis-assembled, and I will check for any other names/numbers tonight when I get home.