A very strange coincedence, and a nomination for IVD! Read to hear more!

Started by dj, May 23, 2006, 02:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

I was looking at the calendar on this site and there seems to be a large group of people that were born on December 31st. :o 65 members have birthdays on this day. :o  That seems to be a lot of people.

I hearby nominate December 31st to International Visionary Day (IVD). ;D

Any seconds on this motion.  ;)
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

dchakrab

Hmmm...it might be that the forums package uses Dec. 31st as a default for anyone who doesn't enter a birthday...could someone confirm?

Or do we just have a ton of people born at the end of the year?

D.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

zore

That would make sense.  Seeing as I was born July 22nd, it should clearly be july 22nd. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

It must be the default setting.  Everybody with the December 31 birthday will also be 37 years old on that day.  Either its the default or we have one heck of a statistical anomaly! ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ps2/bikevision

its got to be default. and i feel cheated because i was born on dec 31. ive been told i was a good tax deduction till i turned 18.

Brian Moffet

Its the default.  If you look, all those people were born on Dec.31, 1969.  In Unix, that's -1.

Brian