Accel Pump rebuild kit not complete?

Started by therin, July 18, 2004, 05:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therin

Hi guys, im sorta perplexed.  I ordered Keyster carb rebuild kits, and the accelerator rebuild kit for my 82 vision.

Pulled the carbs, pulled the accel pump and pulled it apart.  The two rubber...pins?  that the round flapper plastic thingies (?) go on are all gooey and disentegrating and there were pieces of the gasket clogging up the pump (no wonder the bike kept dying).

The accel pump rebuild kit only includes the gaskets and plastic diaphrams .... but not the two rubber pins that diaphrams go on...   does ANYONE know what part number these pins(?) are, or how they can be replaced, customized, etc, or where replacements can be found?  It's sort of hard to explain, but if anyone follows what im saying and knows what im talking about, please contact me or post a reply and let me know how they can be fixed/replaced.

Thanks,
Therin

Lucky

I think your talking about the fuel pump & not the accelerator pump?  I sent you a MSN message since your on hotmail..

please describe the part so we know what to help you with, also, 82 or 83 Vision?
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

BTW, if it's an 82 fuel pump, I have a complete one you can have for $15 plus shipping. email me lucky@xz550.com
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black