TOTALLY SEPARATE and unrelated FUEL type DELIMMA l

Started by scootertramp, June 24, 2003, 10:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

I got my K&L part and installed it. FIFTY-FOUR DOLLARS dang!
 it has a neat screen on one end// do you recomend using it? I did . I used the old gaskets for now till I can get money up.. ?
I moved my RR too. on the frame that is at the front of the bike. IN FACT the bolts used to hold the RR in the original mounting are the same size as the screw holes on the frame work under the headlight
I put one bolt in it (from my bolt bin)with a washer and ran a ground to a frame bolt with some thick wire.(12) I may go down to a smaller wire cause it sticks out. I may just get a connector end on the wire. ?right now it is wrapped around the bolt with silicone smeared on it. ?I charged the batt but it was dead at the end of the ride. not dead but would'nt start the bike I had to put a jumper on it and it fired right up and idled well. I may need a new one.
 I have yet to do the stator test or the definitive RR DIODE test. ?
When I tried to crank it it fired right up and idled well. I took it down the road and warmed it up ridin/ it had good response. but seemed a little low in power. I have GREAt PERFECT initial acceleration but when it levels out it seems like it is missing or sputtering . it seems like the back carb is starved for gas. It is basically doing the same thing it was. only I have no bog now. ?
that vision bog at four thousand RPMs is GONE man. just that sputtering at speed and it seems somewhat feeble though will go eighty plus very quickly. much better than before. what if I take that screen OFF that came with that new valve seat?. ?the sputtering stops for long periods after I give it a lot of gas then returns a little later. it feels like it is in the back carb. although I don't really know. ?I am gonna check sync and the fuel filter as well as taking the tops back off and running a thin bead of ?liguid gasket around the outside edge . if i allow it to set a spell it should work well enough till I can get new gaskets. ?will that liquid gasket work? or will it mess something up? I know I don't want it in the carbs. ?what about that valve seat screen? ? anyone? ???
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

scootertramp

HI lucky! YOU 'da man! you 'da man.. Props yo'/ props pops..
Alrightie.
I rode yester day and great acceleration but seems to be running off the front carb more.
ALSO it stutters and lurchs like it is running out of gase. but the moment I touch the throttle it seems to clear up. I should replace the inline fuel filter at least once a year.
WILL a BACK FLUSH WORK? or should I just get a new one. I will sync the carbs as best as I can with my single hose guage.I just try to make both readings the same.  I burn my fingers everytime when I do that. DANG.  I need some forceps with a long shank to pull off the hoses and reattache. otherwise I burn my fangers.  OUCH!
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

sdinino

Hey, Scootertramp: Do a search on this site for a link to a homemade rig they called "the 4 dollar manometer". Basically it's just a really long clear tube attached to a yardstick. They put some auto trans fluid in there (just a little, maybe a teaspooon) because its red and easy to see.

Then they hooked one end of the tube to the front intake and the other to the rear. The idea is that you could sync the carbs by watching which way the ATF was being moved. By adjusting the synch rod you could get the ATF to stay motionless and voila! your carbs were synched.

It's hard to describe in words, but it all becomes really clear when you see the picture the guy drew.

I bought the tubing and, and hope to try it out this weekend. I'll let you know.
-- Steve D