News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Kitty’s New Vision

Started by Luckys Kitty, March 19, 2010, 12:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luckys Kitty

Hi, I'm new here, let me introduce myself. My name is Kitty, and I went and picked up my Vision today : )

We drove 500 miles around trip to get her, in the rain and got lost lol. Well we finally got there and met with Tiffany and loaded her up. We got  back home I texted Tiffany to say thank you and she texted me back saying that she knew that Lucky would take good care of her. Well I text her back and said NO this one is my bike and Lucky has two already this one is mine really only mine lol : ) 

O.K. so now you know who I am, I will look forward to talking with all of you.

P.S. I want to say thank you to Tiffany you made me a very happy girl : )

Kitty : )

sunburnedaz

Welcome. When its running you will never want to get off.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

kev10104

Welcome and you will enjoy her.

Tiger

:) SUPERB...now Lucky has competition for garage and work bench space :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Good for you girl 8)

Welcome to the ROV, in your own rite... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

don_vanecek

Wow, that's neat! 

By the way do you know Lucky has invited us all to his place  in 2012?

vadasz1

Yeah, just before the celestial floods come and washout all the roads.   :)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Lucky

I did!!??  if we aren't home then we'll be out riding :)

Quote from: don_vanecek on March 19, 2010, 09:55:33 AM
Wow, that's neat! 

By the way do you know Lucky has invited us all to his place  in 2012?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

don_vanecek

Well riding Visions was the whole point, 30th year anniversary!

YellowJacket!

Hi Penny....um, Kitty and Welcome aboard.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

Hi Kitty,

Let me know if you need some photoshop work done...

Night Vision

hey Brian, maybe you can photoshop her a light for her bucket...

!! welcome Kitty!! , you've come to the right place to get advice for your Vision.

never mind what that member called Lucky thinks he knows or tries to tell you about your newly acquired Vision.

ignore him and just ask us!

we'll give you the right answers, every time, to any questions you may have.... whether they are Vision related or not

plus we usually have the forum staffed with experts 24-7...just in case someone is passed out on the floor when you absolutely need an answer to a question.

... let the games begin...

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

Brian, I can't possably imagine how photoshop could make any improvement for her...!  ;D ;D ;)
me on the other hand, she keeps a printout of that Arnie picture on the nightstand... :o :o

kiawrench

hi kitty,, uh mrs lucky, uh, ma'am , uh penny !  shucks , hi   congrats on your "new"ride. of course, you know now that you have your own 550 , he is going to want a 750,, the kids get the other two visions,, then he will want a gold wing, then we will never see either of you online, too busy touring the south .
i tried to tell him not to stop in tennessee, that Myrtle Beach was better, but he didnt listen .

make that husband get online and find you a shark fairing ,or maybe a nice rooster style vetter. plenty of those around, many still new in box. once that is on , can buy a halogen light upgrade for pickup trucks and it will bolt right in,, three times more light and tough as nails .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Luckys Kitty

thank you for welcoming me!

Ok so here is a progress report:

Sunday I worked on the exhaust. Tiff had tried to patch a rust hole by welding on a patch, but it burned thru the thin metal, so Lucky told me how to grind down the welds, then he had me cut out a patch of galvanized sheet metal, & rivet it on with some sealer underneath.  not pretty, but functional.  If he can get his single exhaust done on the Cafe bike then i'll get his old one. it's in good shape.

hey did you know that the whole exhaust collector is shiny chrome under the gunk & rust? I had Lucky polish it! ha ha!  then he helped me install it.

today while he was at work i put the turn signals back on, i still need to finish one up & have the old man double check my wiring. i put on the left mirror, the right one is broken. Lucky says they are Emgos & crap...

when hubby came home from work we I drained the oil & pulled the starter. Tiff said there was something wrong with it, but there was no oil inside & it had the good seal in it so back in it went. I changed the oil filter too.

next up will be the carbs....

then we will try to get her to start again, with a jump & a shot of carb cleaner.

Tiffany painted the frame, so that's good! (by the way, i named the bike "Tiff" in honor... lol)

i'll have Lucky get some pics up soon. they are mostly cell phone pics, but you'll get the idea...

Kitty @-}}--

Luckys Kitty

Kia, Uh..David...uh, Mr Hirch...Kitty will be just fine  :)

Lucky said you'll never get him on a 'wing', me either, we have Touring Vision for that.

Your probably right about Tennessee, but then we never would have met Dave either right?

Kitty @-}}--

Luckys Kitty

Oh the brake bar bolts are toast & they will get replaced soon.  no way he'd let that one go unchecked...  i don't let him touch much on the bike before I do, but the safety things I do...

Being married to Lucky has it's benifits, He's like a talking service manual. :)
no i have to go find all of Tiffinators old posts & read them, it's my homework assignment...

akvision

very cool... three Visions..  I knewn there was a good woman behind that guy.

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

funkamongus

Hey Kitty!! Glad to have another on board!! Welcome! Must be nice to have, as you say, a walking manual, for a husband!!   
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

kiawrench

those brake bar bolts are definately something that MUST be checked . i almost got to add a vision part to the tree of shame in Deal's Gap over those things. i didnt do much damage,but i did get to examine local plant life up close and personal, but a little plastic work and some paint and we were back to normal . the the most embarrassing part of that was waititng for the wrecker as all the other bikes paraded by and slowed to see the guy in the ditch.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

We are pulling the carbs today...