News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Paint done, enter the assembly

Started by Blurred Vision, May 31, 2010, 10:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blurred Vision

Well i called my insurance broker and my only option through him would be Jevco @ 790.00 for the first year, paid in lump sum, 480 for the next. Reason being that i have not had insurance on the bike for a couple years. I called Riders Plus, they wont insure me period because i dont have a 17 digit vin number. Grrrrr, so im gonna try State farm and see how that goes. Otherwise im stuck with the 790.00.
Jay

don_vanecek

Our Canadian friends, that is terrible!  I don't know if I would even keep my V on the road if I had to pay those amounts. Does that amount perhaps cover more then my basic liability, i.e, my insurance is going to pay for the damage I may have done to you (yeah, I dented your door when I ran the stop sign and plowed into you) but the health insurance plan though my work will be paying for the damage done to me-not my MC insurance. Damage to the bike is not covered if this is my fault. But what do I expect for $75.00 a year?   

Blurred Vision

Thats as basic a coverage as I can get. Being I haventy had insurance continually on the v is also the issue, so I get no considferation or discount for length of time insured, the second year it drops to 480.00
Jay

vadasz1

BV: make sure your broker understands that JEVCO will give you a preffered rate if you have your M2 for atleast a year.  My broker didn't realize this until I pointed it out to them.  I think that you can probabbly get the second rate right now.  And it doesn't matter if you didn't have insurance on it before.  I didn't and I am paying $551 right off the bat and I am 42 with a 6* rating on my auto policy with GORE insurance. So make sure that he is set straight to JEVCO current requirements.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: don_vanecek on June 03, 2010, 11:38:25 AM
But what do I expect for $75.00 a year?   

:) Don, the same as I get for $535.00 a year!!!! Insurance rates here are waaaaaaaaay over the top...and the insurance companies are still bitchin' and crying for more... :o ::) GRRRRREEDY B**T**D's >:( >:(

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

What the heck are yall bitchin about, i'm paying 2400 a year!!!!!

and yes, it's worth it
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Tiger

Quote from: Raj1988 on June 03, 2010, 02:47:54 PM
What the heck are yall bitchin about, i'm paying 2400 a year!!!!!

:P 'Raj, now I know how to price part's for ya mate :o Hahahahahahaha

R/R...used...$200.00, new(er) $350...Brand new only $2,000.00...LOL

...ever feel like you have been gang banged by the insurance industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

You folks should feel sorry for me and give me a break in prices. Its a freaking miracle that i can still afford gas
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

vadasz1

No need to feel sorry for someone who owns a motorcycle.  They should be envied because they are living life to the fullest as best they can.

Invest in your Vision now and one day it will be worth more than a Bugatti.......8)

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: vadasz1 on June 03, 2010, 09:37:16 PM
No need to feel sorry for someone who owns a motorcycle.  They should be envied because they are living life to the fullest as best they can.

Invest in your Vision now and one day it will be worth more than a Bugatti.......8)
I'm willing to swap my vision for a Bugatti today.

h2olawyer

A Veyron just might be my asking price!   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

vadasz1

Yeah Rob, especially after all those STATOR investments you paid for.  8)

Blurred Vision

Looks like my dad wants to help me get to my bike insurance goal, he has a bunch of things he would like sold, and im pretty handy with a digital camera and kijiji. We might get her on the road yet gentleman.
Jay

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

vadasz1

Hey "GARTH", long time no see. How is the gig going?

Re-Vision

Scott, had I known exactly where you were Monday I likely would have stopped in Branson to visit with you. Made a flying trip to Indianapolis and passed close by you. You need to tell us how the gig is going.   BDC