News:

Main Menu

Haynes vs. Clymer

Started by RRD, August 25, 2003, 07:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRD

Hey guys......Quick question. I've heard a few of you mention I need to get a Haynes manual for the bike (I agree). My buddy whose been helping me says he likes Clymer? manuals better, as he find them more detailed. Are you guys familiar with Clymer......What are your thoughts. Only feel like spending money on one, so wanted some additional input before I make my decision. Thanx

rick_nowak

in general, i've never liked clymer manuals because they try to cover too much ground in a short distance in my opinion.  haynes is better in that regard.  have never heard of a clymer manual for the vision anyway.  you'll have to look in multiple sourcing for the haynes as it is officially out of print but there are still some around.
there are some guys on this forum who have cd's of this and the factory manual.  hasn't come up very lately but both Lucky and Humber have something either to offer or are working on something.  they are probably replying to your post as we speak
enjoy your day

Rick G

Clymer dosen't publish a manual for the Vision, factory manuals have been poping up on Ebay this last month. Talk to lucky hes coming up with a  manual on CD  . Its Pauls (humber) work so he might help you too. I have a copy and its excellent.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

QBS

Greatly prefer Haynes.  There is no Clymer Vision.  White Horse Press sell the V Haynes.  Cheers.