Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

UK v OZ v USA Police

Started by Tiger, February 03, 2008, 09:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) This was sent to me from a buddy in the U.K. police... :o

;D Subject: UK v USA v OZ Police

Question:How do you tell the difference between a UK Police Officer, an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer?

Answer: Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, and raises the knife and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have
mere seconds before he reaches you and your family... :o :o :o

What do you do?

UK Police Officer's Answer:

1) Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
2) Does the man look poor or oppressed?
3)  Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
4)  Could we run away?
5)  Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
6)  What does the law say about this situation?
7)  Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
8  Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
9)  Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
10) Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
11) If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
12) Should I call 9-9-9?
13) Why is this street so deserted?
14) We need to raise taxes, have a paint-and-weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior?
15)  If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away; do I get blamed when he falls over running away, knocks his head and kills himself?
16) If I shoot him, and lose the court case, does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and I will lose my family home?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Australian Officer's Answer:

1)    BANG!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

American Officer's Answer:

1)  BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click....(sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!!!!!!!!         

Click.

Daughter: A Nice grouping, Daddy!  Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?''  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Aelwulf

Or the Italian version:

1) Why do I just have a Glock?
2) Pulls out the SMG

RAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT-A-TAT!!!

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on February 03, 2008, 09:19:38 AM
;D Subject: UK v USA v OZ Police

The sad part is that the gun laws in each of these locations are the entire reason for this joke...

Brian

ColinthePilot

I thought OZ was as bad as the UK now.

BTW, my answer:
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
I'll save the other 5 rounds just in case he gets up.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

h2olawyer

That's what the two spare clips are for!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) For the main part, British police officer's still do not carry gun's. The guy's that do carry them are severely regulated as to when/where/how they are used. A 12" to 18" truncheon and pepper spray is all the average U.K. "Bobby"  has for protection/self preservation!!! Gun laws are very strict. You are more lightly to be stabbed to death...a rising statistic in the U.K.
I found it kinda strange when I originally came to live in Canada, from the U.K...Armed police officer's :o!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

ColinthePilot

H2O,
I only carry one when I carry. If I can't do it with 10rds of 9mm Hydrashok, I just hope I slowed him down.

Tiger,
I spent a few weeks with some Irish girls visiting Florida a year or so back. They had the same reaction, but the faces were priceless when we brought out the arsenal and let them touch guns for the first time. Didn't get a chance to take them out to the range, unfortunately.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

inanecathode

"Wanna see my gun baby?" :o
This is my rifle, this is my gun?
eh, couldnt help it ;)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

Tiger , you would really get a kick seeing me (and anyone else) walking  down the street, with  my old Iver Johnson  22 in a holster on my hip. This state is still the wild west, as far as wearing a pistol in public. There are lots of  Rattle snakes in the desert , includeing an imported species called a Mojave Green . This little fellow  is very aggressive and will try to chase  a human , It has two types of venom  and is far worse than a diamond back. I carry  bird shot shells in the first 3 chambers , as they require less precision when I'm peeing my pants and jumping back like a coil spring.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on February 05, 2008, 12:05:16 AM
...when I'm peeing my pants and jumping back like a coil spring.

:) Hehehehe and rightly so buddy ;) From a personal point of view, I'm O.K. with firearm's. I served 7 year's with a Royal Artillery Regiment and used a variety of small arm's and a good friend of mine in civy street used to take me to his gun club...loved his 357 Magnum!!! Oh' and I was a marksman as a young cadet!!!

8)........TIGER....... 8)