Headlight?

Started by TixonPB, September 13, 2009, 12:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TixonPB

I have begun to consider doing a cafe vision type project, rather than selling it next riding season. I already have a fairing and everything picked out, but as far as a round headlight, I know that most cafe fairings have a hole for a 7" headlight, but I thought the stock rectangle was 8" wide. So what kind of bracket is needed to fit the headlight, and also does anyone have a headlight that fits well or know where I can buy one? I remember I was looking at someones, but I accidently deleted the PM's from the member and forgot who it was  :-X. Anyways, if anyone can help me find any good deals, it would be much appreciated.

P.S. My stator is on the way, so my charging system oughta be going soon too :)

Lucky

The 7" headlight & bucket from an R350 is a bolt on.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QBS

IMHO the Ducati Monsters' large round headlight looks really good on the '82s'. Better than stock.  There may be an example in the Gallery.  I know that a Vnary who used to post here did such a transplant.  Can't remember his name.

TixonPB

My other question is how can I go about lowering the bars? I noticed on lucky it looke like he a new set of handle bars. Are they lower and could I flip hem to make the stance on the bike more cafe-like?

Rick G

As to the bars , you can use the '83 risers, or I'll sell you a custom , modified crown , with handle bar mounts  installed in it . Then you can use any bars you like.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

Mine are 83 risers (which are shorter) with the pins removed.  the bars are rotated down, i have to be careful not to pinch a pinky when rotated to the lock :D
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

TixonPB

Quote from: Lucky on September 16, 2009, 06:29:09 AM
Mine are 83 risers (which are shorter) with the pins removed.  the bars are rotated down, i have to be careful not to pinch a pinky when rotated to the lock :D
--Lucky

That's what I really want to do, but I can't seem to find any 83 risers anywhere.

vadasz1

If you try looking on www.ebay.de or www.ebay.co.uk I think you will find risers there.  Don't forget that the European bikes always had the short risers and also had dual front discs from day one.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.