News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Have fairing need windshield

Started by dmlins, March 15, 2002, 08:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmlins

It's been a while since I have found myself face with things motorcycle as my bike has been tucked away for a few months, but now the season is coming and I want my Vision to be nice and tight this year.

I have a fairing that came with the bike when I bought it, but it has no windshield.  Does anyone know the best way to go about finding plexiglass for it?  I thought I could try to have a piece built locally, but haven't been able to find any photos with fairings that look like mine.  I am reluctant to just try and wing in on the design.  If no windshield can be found I might be interested in a replacement for the entire fairing assembly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Dave

jasonm.

Hey, there's a fairing on Ebay. The guy thinks it's from a Vision. But it's actually from a Seca 750. But the windshield is the same as a Vision accessory fairing. Hope this helps.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

jasonm.

I looked again. Sorry, No windshield with that fairing on Ebay.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Rick G

Which fairing do you have? one of the small bikini style or the 83 style fairing I ahve a 83 style wind shield, I'd sell.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Glen_H

If you have the 83 fairing, I would highly recommend getting a windshield from gustafson plastics, the link should in be in the link area.  I bought one last year with a 2" extension tinted smoke.  I am really impressed with it, by far the best improvement I have made to the bike.

Blake

Glen,

Does Gustafson sells windscreens for the sport shart fairing?  the mounting holes on mine all cracked of, and now is being held on by krazy glue and a little make shift plastic welding, plus you can clearly see the plastic is old (looking through the windscreen at an angle to see many hairline "cracks?"  but if you look straight through, you cant see it.  must be the old plastic.  but it would be nice to get a new one.  also, about how much do they run for?

Thanks,

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

dmlins

Rick -

I have an Emco fairing that is, I think, between what you are calling a bikini model and a full dress.  It comes only slightly below the headlamp and wraps in front of the handlebars, but does not come down in front of my legs.  

Thanks for the input so far fellas.

Dave

Glen_H

Just dug out the reciept for mine.  It cost $100.  I'm not sure if they make one for the shark fairing, best bet would be to call them and ask, ph# (904) 824-3443.  Nice people and good service.  Good luck!

XRay_Vision

If you are talking about the EMGO 1/4 fairing...

Gustafsson Plastics, Inc.  has a replacement, have a look
http://members.aol.com/lgusta2587/info.htm#E.
Clear  $84.95  Color $89.95

Call them: Toll Free ? 1-888-824-3443
X-Ray Vision

dmlins

Thanks XRay -

You're right, it's an EmGo not Emco.  I checked out that link and will look into it.  Now I just have to get my electrical system working properly and I should be good to go.  

Thanks again,

Dave