i thought i was tough

Started by ps2/bikevision, March 29, 2006, 10:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

well i thought i was tough. found out saturday that im not. friday night i got a call from a buddy who said he was having a 2 keg kegger saturday night. so i was like cool i just ride the bike up there 80 miles for it. the temps were about 40F when i was getting around saturday afternoon. i thought, no problem i rode this route in 32F once, and i now have heated hand grips. should be no problem.

i took off from my parents house in IN, headed for home in MI. it was cold but i was ok. i rode about 25 miles when i started to get rain drops on my visior. i turned my head from side to side to clear them off but they wouldnt clear. the rain was freezeing to my visior. i then looked at my left glove and there was a layer of ice built up on it. i was like "what the f@#$ is this crap" then it turned to snow. well at this point i had a major choice to make. keep riding north or turn around and go back to my folks and get my truck. well this was a tough choice because the local cops at home know my truck now and have it out for me. (dont worry motor i still like you) so i finally made the choice of airing on the safer side and turning around. now this is a low for me. when people tell me i cant do somthing or im nuts for doing it it makes me want to do it all the more. and turning around and going home really sucks.

i hit the brakes and came to a stop right in the road. fliped the bike around and nailed the throttle. to my shock the rear tire broke loose and i almost lost it. the roads had started to ice over. looks like i made the right choice. as i rode past the bank it read 30F. i made it back to the house, parked the bike in the middle of the garage, went inside and warmed up. my dad came in and was like, "im glad you turned around they are calling for 2-3in of snow up there today" after an hour i got in the truck and head home. we didnt get any snow but it was still cold. even after alot of beer i just couldnt seem to fully warm up. im normaly coldier than most having had frost bite before but this was new. i dont think i have ever gotten this cold before.

its supposed to be in the 60's tommarow so maybe ill go for a "warm" ride. man i cant wait for summer. on a good note. it was really good to get out and ride. even if i frooze my arse off.

Mutt

Quote from: ps2 on March 29, 2006, 10:39:29 PM
well i thought i was tough. found out saturday that im not. friday night i got a call from a buddy who said he was having a 2 keg kegger saturday night. so i was like cool i just ride the bike up there 80 miles for it. the temps were about 40F when i was getting around saturday afternoon. i thought, no problem i rode this route in 32F once, and i now have heated hand grips. should be no problem.

i took off from my parents house in IN, headed for home in MI. it was cold but i was ok. i rode about 25 miles when i started to get rain drops on my visior. i turned my head from side to side to clear them off but they wouldnt clear. the rain was freezeing to my visior. i then looked at my left glove and there was a layer of ice built up on it. i was like "what the f@#$ is this crap" then it turned to snow. well at this point i had a major choice to make. keep riding north or turn around and go back to my folks and get my truck. well this was a tough choice because the local cops at home know my truck now and have it out for me. (dont worry motor i still like you) so i finally made the choice of airing on the safer side and turning around. now this is a low for me. when people tell me i cant do somthing or im nuts for doing it it makes me want to do it all the more. and turning around and going home really sucks.

i hit the brakes and came to a stop right in the road. fliped the bike around and nailed the throttle. to my shock the rear tire broke loose and i almost lost it. the roads had started to ice over. looks like i made the right choice. as i rode past the bank it read 30F. i made it back to the house, parked the bike in the middle of the garage, went inside and warmed up. my dad came in and was like, "im glad you turned around they are calling for 2-3in of snow up there today" after an hour i got in the truck and head home. we didnt get any snow but it was still cold. even after alot of beer i just couldnt seem to fully warm up. im normaly coldier than most having had frost bite before but this was new. i dont think i have ever gotten this cold before.

its supposed to be in the 60's tommarow so maybe ill go for a "warm" ride. man i cant wait for summer. on a good note. it was really good to get out and ride. even if i frooze my arse off.

I'm going to the post office tomorrow. I hope I don't see your picture up there! ;D OK your going to have to fill us in on the Blazer story at the dragon.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

MotorPlow

Quote from: ps2 on March 29, 2006, 10:39:29 PM
(dont worry motor i still like you)

I rode home from work this morning at about 4AM at a temperature of 29oF. No snow, but quite nipply.? I was actually more concerned about the abundant deer population here.

ps2/bikevision

yea that too is cold but imange if you didnt have that faring to block some that wind.

i think im going to try and find fairing for the new vision.

Lucky

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 30, 2006, 04:39:46 PM
No snow, but quite nipply. ?

nipply??!! I don't think you were thinking about deer....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mutt

Haha, he said "nipply".? :D

Mutt

MotorPlow

Trust me, by the time I got home, they where hard enough to cut glass.

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 31, 2006, 12:51:47 PM
Trust me, by the time I got home, they where hard enough to cut glass.

A mental image that will haunt me for many days to come.  :P

Mutt

hfarley

Ahh Mutt, That is a menatl image that will haunt most of us for days. LOL! Sorry Motorplow I couldn't resist! ;) :P
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

MotorPlow

Due to the recent cold weather, I have several new items for sale at a discount....

Order now before I'm sold out.   :o
~MP

hfarley

Motor,
How much? And how big is the etching?
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Lucky

Heather did it mess up your hair when it zoomed over your head??  :o :o

you totaly missed that one..go back & re-read this thread, lol!!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black