News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Thanks for the welcome

Started by Sagebrush, December 09, 2011, 11:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sagebrush

Thanks for the welcome. I just bought an '82 on ebay. In fact, it hasn't even showed up yet. I'm sure I'll be making a real pest of myself asking questions about this bike. Especially the carburetors-those things scare me.
1969 Matchless G80CS
1969 Kawasaki G3TR
1969 Bultaco Lobito 100
1969 Sachs 125 Cross Country
1970 Triumph Bonneville
1970 Royal Enfield Interceptor MkII
1971 Triumph Bonneville
1972 Norton Commando
1982 Honda CBX
1982 Yamaha Vision
2000 BMW R1100RT

Enzo

I joined last summer, and only just took delivery of my first ever motorbike - a 1982 Vision.  I don't expect to start riding it until June, after I take a motorcycle riding course, which gives me a few months to get it running.  It starts with ether, so my first task is to check the carbs.  I have a mental list of other things I will be checking on it before putting it on the road.  Just wish my legs would grow a fw inches before June...

QBS

Welcome!  Just curious, you say you joined last summer and are only now getting possesion of an '82 V.  Did you select the V because of what you saw on this forum or was there another reason?  Again, Welcome.

Enzo

Thanks for the welcome.  I just got my non-running '82 Vision (11J - 000772) a few weeks ago, and pulled the carb today.  She turned over but did not start start.  I have a list of things to do on it to get the motor running:
- clean and check settings on the carbs
- replace spark plugs and plug wires
- change oil and filter (check starter?)
Wish me luck.

Vince

js9_20

Quote from: Sagebrush on December 09, 2011, 11:50:22 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I just bought an '82 on ebay. In fact, it hasn't even showed up yet. I'm sure I'll be making a real pest of myself asking questions about this bike. Especially the carburetors-those things scare me.
WoW, thats quite a collection of bikes you have listed...  Cool!

Rick G

Sagebrush, I do carbs , Pm me if you need help.
I had a friend in 70's who had a lobito , I was a two stroke tuner in those days and built quite a few bulls m including my friends Lobito.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

stuckinlodi

Thanks for the welcome tiger,  Ive  recently acquired three  early 82 visions  two of which are actually dated 11 and 12 of 81.
After messing with them for a bit I found this forum and  Will be a frequent flyer as they might say.

Re-Vision

Welcome also and glad to see all the newbies. Was curious if your bikes had the air box mod (Vacuum Actuated)?     BDC

stuckinlodi

All three of them have the flapper,  My runner  wont run without it,  I tried propping it open  and  itll rev to the moon but I have to feather the throttle three or four times to get it up above 6 or 7 grand,  lol.  My plan is to make two runners so  I have one spare airbox  with mod as trading material.  Just to get some of the parts that I need.