News:

Main Menu

EBC Rotor

Started by dtknox, February 04, 2005, 05:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtknox

I have an 82 Vision and was thinking about replacing the rotor with an EBC rotor, (EBC part #MD2076LS) for $142.95 plus shipping.

Is anyone using the EBC rotor? Did it improve braking?

Thank's

Dale
Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

Walt_M.

I think it would be a waste of money if your original is still good. Maybe you could try new pads?
Whale oil beef hooked!

jasonm.

Only replace a rotor if it has deep grooves or is warped. I have experience with EBC...they are just "okay". There are better ones out there.  A pre-'04 used R1 or R6 rotor will bolt right in and looks trick. There are tons of them out there.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

dtknox

The pre-'04 used R1 or R6 rotor will bolt on but the surface area of the rotor that the pad comes into contacts with seems to be narrower then the original rotor by almost a ? of an inch (outer edge to center).

This is the same problem I found when I mounted a rotor form a Yamaha V-star Custom. It bolted right on and is the same diameter and thickness as the original rotor. The problem is that with the original caliper, the pads make contact closer to the outer edge (no problem there) but also closer to the center, where the rotor is not machined for it.

Can you use the R1 or R6?s rotor with the original caliper or do you have to replace the caliper?

Thanks

Dale
Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

jasonm.

dtknox...you are correct. I am sorry. Yes there is a bit less contact area from axle to pad. But there is a rotor...from the front of the Vstar 650 that I am pretty sure has more surface area for the pad. I could double check. A guy buy me has one for sale. I checked it out last year. The o.d. is 298mm like ours.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules