not Vision as claimed, but interesting parts...

Started by Lucky, January 28, 2005, 04:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

louthepou

Wow, someone had a Frankesteinish Vision.

The wheels could be Seca's or Maxim's. One of my parts bikes that I acquired last summer has such a rear wheel. Not a good match (some extra space between the wheel hub and the drive shaft 'hub" - that's hard to explain).

The fairing? I wouldn't be surprised if that had been canibalized from an old Kawi GPZ... The lower lip of the fairing kind of reminds me of the GPZ style. That's just a guess... The hunt for truth has begun!

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Sable

I have my eye on the "chin dam" in case I have to bid against any of yous guys... I've been looking for something to add to my bike like that.. ;D

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Lucky

Sable

I'm pretty handy.... I'm sure I'll think of something as to how to attach it.....
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

MotorPlow

I thought the instrument cluster was the most interesting piece.  Looks like it will bolt right on.  I've sent the guy a message asking if there are any markings or part numbers on it and have not heard anything back.  I really like the look of the instrument cluster.

Chris F.

Extent

Here's the correct link for the guages for those too lazy to look for them
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50463&item=4522814969&rd=1

Those guages really do look pretty cool.  I say it's a total hack job tho, looks like someone just cut a V harness on to the back of it.  So if we can just find out which ones those are anyone here could do it.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Rob_OS23

Been a long time since I posted, so I just wanted to say hello to everyone again.
Anyways, I am pretty sure I have seen those wheels on an '83 Virago...
The rest of the fairing parts I don't recognize, weird stuff.  I really like guages, I don't know where they are from for sure, but they look VERY similar to my buddys 87(I think) honda cbr guages.

Lucky

jasonm.

Headlight fairing is '82 GPZ550, Guages are Honda. Looks like someone used some lightweight straps to hold it to a Vision.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules