News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

hey kiawrench

Started by fiddlesticks, April 26, 2005, 04:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiddlesticks

Did you really use hot sauce bottles for a yikes? I cant remember how many ounces you said. We took her for a spin today. She actually seems to be feeling quite a bit better. But not quite herself yet. Still seems to stumble a bit without the yikes. So if I still cant fix the one I got from Lou I need a backup plan.
Hey would anyone happen to know if the carbs really need to be jetted differently  for yikes free. I remember someone mentioning that to me in a previous post. But I cant remember which one.

Fidd
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Lucky

if it still stumbles, your pilot screws may still be a bit rich.

with the bike warm & idling, turn them in one at a time untill the idle starts to roughen a bit, then turn it out untill it just smooths back out.  

pilot screws: out = rich, in = lean
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

i had two sample bottles of hot sauce, two ounce size,,, made of spun aluminum,,, after a bit of creative thinking, i epoxied them with the openings on opposite ends with a small steel tab to hold them to a bolt. they mount neatly behind the oem yics box, which i now use to hold my papers and an extra 10.00 cash for gas.
  i did have to work a bit to get a hose and clamp on them, but they seem to be working just fine .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

fiddlesticks

Thanks guys. Kia how did you get the hose to seal to the bottle though. Theres someone on here trying to hook us up with some bottles but I cant get my head around how to seal the hose.
Lucky I'm going to try the pilot screws again tonight. Hopefully the rain will hold off for another test drive.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

kiawrench

fiddle,
   the bottles i used have 3/8 in outside diameter neck ,the hose has a 3/8 inside diameter- i just  twisted bottles onto hose and added a pair of clamps, one for each tube .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .