News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

NEXT OnROV ride!!!

Started by Tiger, June 01, 2009, 03:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Next up, the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle rally at Paris (Ontario!!)...Saturday 20th June... 8)

Take a look, its a great day out...Lots of great bikes from across the years, some you may not have seen before :o A superb swap meet with all sorts of everything!!!...

http://www.cvmg.ca/Events?eventId=33857&EventViewMode=EventDetails

http://www.cvmgparisrally.ca/index.html

I'll be leaving my place for 8.30 a.m. and going for breakfast at "Breezy Corners" restaurant, on Hwy #6 between the 401 and 403 highways for 9.30 a.m...Who is going to join me :-\ 8)

8)...Tiger 8)
8)...Kev10104 & Tammy 8) 
8)...Canadian_Lou 8) 
8)...Art' 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

You know i will be their buddy.

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

8) Canadian_Lou is in... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) We will meet at the Breezy Corners restaurant, between Hwy 401 and Hwy 403, on the East side, for 9.30 a.m. on Saturday 20th June...we can have a great heart bustin' breakfast, gas up the rides and troll down together to the Paris fairgrounds... 8)

I'll be leaving my place for around 8.30 a.m... ;)

Art' is in, on his newly acquired Hahaharley... 8)

8).......Tiger....... 8)

Night Vision

here's the pics..... better late than never. I'll caption the first one, you can narrate the others

peek-a-boo  ;)

[insert text here]

[insert text here]

[insert text here]

[insert text here]

and of course.... the boys and their toys

guess Fiddlesticks took the pics because no pics of her  :'( .... just her Virago
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

kev10104

It was such an amazing time.All about the good people.

Rick G

I envy all of you!! ;) ;) :D :D :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

fiddlesticks

Quote from: Night Vision on June 06, 2009, 08:22:55 PM
here's the pics..... better late than never. I'll caption the first one, you can narrate the others

peek-a-boo  ;)

[insert text here]

[insert text here]

[insert text here]

[insert text here]

and of course.... the boys and their toys

guess Fiddlesticks took the pics because no pics of her  :'( .... just her Virago

Ya but that Virago is so damned nice lookin it makes up for me not being there lol
:D
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

funkamongus

It does,, but doesnt make up or you not being in the pic!! I tell you waht, looking at these pics makesme wish I was closer toyou guys,, I sure would love to come out there and hang with the big kids that are my age!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Tiger

:) Funk', like Rick and a few others, your a long way away for our ride days/weekends...however, they are always open to ALL visiting Visionaries that care to haul their a$$ here ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

We are blessed with a great group of people here...both Vision and non-Vision rider's alike... 8) They are in their twenties/thirties/fourties/fifties/sixties and seventies :o and from various walks of life...Sales, a Pastor, HR, parts/ware housing, trucking, factories, flight and auto mechanics, retirees, Fire hall officer, etc, etc... 8) A wide and varied group of people who get on with each other very well...and... with one genuine, common interest...

8)...motorcycling... 8)
They ALL love to get out and ride... 8)

Any and everyone is welcome to join us at our OnROV rides, anytime... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Lyn is in... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

Given the ROV was down for so long, here is a belated ride update...

The Saturday ride was called off due to the pouring rain but was a go on the Sunday. Sadly, most had to drop out due to other commitments. However, six people on five different rides, ( 1 x Vision, Harley, Buell blast, Virago and a Honda Shadow), took to the road on the Sunday. We met at the restaurant for a heart bustin' breakfast before gassing the rides up and heading down to Paris...approx' an hour away.

We arrived at the Paris fair ground for 11.20 a.m.('ish!!) and told there was no parking/entry fee as the show closed at noon...Most people had thought that due to the severe rains the day previous that they would extend the show/swap meet...but no!!

On entering we found that most of the swap meet vender's had gone...from 100/150 there were 15/20 left!!! The first guy we come upon is all but finished loading his trailer to head for home. On the trailer was...you guessed it...a Star Silver, '82 in a half decent and running order!!! The guy wanted $400.00 for it...names and 'phone numbers were passed on and ummmmmm....watch this space!!!

The next guy that I saw had a tarp set out with a sign that read "Everything on the tarp' $10.00, $5.00, $3.00...There was a lot of "junk", however a wee gem peaked out at me!!! I paid the man his $3.00 and walked away with.......a complete set of early '82 Vision carbs in decent condition!!!

A decent front fender was available for $10.00 at another stall, but the vendor was MIA!!...ah well...

We eventually headed out and stopped at the first Tim Horton's for a coffee, before turning...the long way around...for home.

Arrived home a couple of hours later after another great day out with a great group people.....

The next ride will be...??

TIGER