News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

4th Annual CROV Fall Ride Sept. 28-29-30 Motel info added!!

Started by glennw, July 26, 2007, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

Half Mad Max

X-Vision

I'm in!!!!!! No way I'm missing this one.....

visionless

When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Ron_McCoy

Does this mean we can give your bedroom to someone else?

Brian Moffet

Highly unlikely.  Sorry, but I suspect I'll be moving that weekend...

Brian

Aelwulf

I won't be able to tell for at least a couple of weeks.  If I can get leave, have gas money and hotel money I'll see how it looks. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tanno

And what is the final tally on the dates and location?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Ron_McCoy

Dates: September 28, 29, 30.  Location: Tehachapi, California.  Hundreds of miles of twisty California
back roads start right here.  We need to start getting an idea of how many are going to attend so that
we can arrange for motel accomodations. 

X-Vision

steve

I'd love to make the trip but we've had no less than five mechanics in our bicycle shop that quit and or moved away which leaves only two of us in a big, successful (BUSY!) shop.  The good news (?) is that I get to ride five days to work instead of four.  That's an extra 100 miles a week for the V which keeps on keeping on.  I'll miss you guys cause I had a really great time last year!!!

VisionMeister

I will plan to be there but... may not be able to make it as I've been spending alot of time taking care of my mother. She's having health issues and is starting to show some signs of dimentia. We're running lots of tests and hopefully will have some treatment shortly. Lots of unknowns at this time and lots of stress to go with that.
I'll keep you posted.

Tanno

VERY TEMPTING!! I need the vacation. Oh well, promises made are promises broken I guess.

I promised a D.A. in Kern county that I'd never come back to Cali. hmmmmm. Did I really mean NEVER?!? Everything has been cleared up for over 10 years and there are no issues with the law anymore, but a promise is a......ah screw it. I'll try like hell to get there. But, I'm not going to promise.  ;D
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

h2olawyer

Heck - if Tanno, kwells & I all invade California for this, we may have to rename it a WROV ride!

Still trying to figure out a few other details but I'm going to try & make it out there.  I'd call it a 40% positive probability at this point.  Not sure if I'd ride or haul the V yet, but riding it sure would save some fuel money.  Guess it depends on what others from around here decide to do - if they go.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

Nice try on the WROV designation Rob, but the Bakersfield ROV has that many members by itself. Still it would be sweet if you guys come.  We'd be willing to make some naming concessions.

Craig, hope things work out for your mother.  We'll really miss you if you can't make it, but some things have higher priority than having fun riding with your friends.

Steve, we're going to miss you too.  Maybe next time.........

This is going to be fun.   ;D ;D ;D

Ron_McCoy

Here's a link to motels in the Tehachapi area: 

http://afiliates.travelhero.com/index.cfm/country/US/state/CA/city/TEHACHAPI/index.html       

The Golden Hills Motel is a small motel about 1.2 miles from our house. The Best Westerns are about
3 miles away in Tehachapi. The Holiday Inn Express is about 5 miles away out by the freeway. The
Travelodge is down the freeway at the easternmost exit, about 7 miles away.

h2olawyer

With 3 (or even 4 or 5) riders from out of California, it is still a CROV rally - but, it didn't hurt to try for a name change.

I'm thinking a long weekend in March or April in Monument Valley as a possible future W(estern)ROV meet.  No real twisty riding, but the scenery & party possibilities would be tremendous!  Besides, its only a day's trip for anyone from Colorado to SoCal.  There's lodging in Kayenta or Mexican Hat.  Or, we could re-enact Easy Rider & spend a night or two under the stars.   ;D  The photo ops would be stunning - magazine cover shots!

Like I posted - only about a 40% chance I can make it this fall, but I will try.  If I go, I'll likely stay a few extra days, though.  Kind of pointless to go that far without spending some extra time seeing people & places.

I can relate to what you're going through, VisionMeister.  My dad is not nearly as cogent as he used to be & needs a fair amount of help on a regular basis.  Mom isn't getting any younger as well.  My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tanno

I'd still call my possibility to go at 50% chance. I'll be able to go or I won't. Still trying to find out.....no word yet.

trialattorney

Wworking on getting one of the 2 Visions running so I can make the ride; had a great time last year - my first on a Vision - with Glenn's help, maybe I'll bring both (you have just got to see me riding 2 Visions at the same time....no, really, I'd bring a buddy....) Anyway, we're going to be working on them in a week or so, so hopefully we'll get one up and running (starter issues on the 82, got to put the carbs Lucky just rebuild back on the 83 and see what else it needs....) So, planning on being there...

Ron_McCoy

trialattorney

Still working on the Visions; the 82 loads up at 3800 rpm and won't go over 4k; will try cleaning out the main jets...the 83 carbs went in great (thanks Lucky) but we couldn't get it started...Glenn thinks its the startere clutch. I left the starter with him and a rebuild kit to see if that might be an issue...will probably bring both to the Ride - maybe we can do a tech session in the parking lot on the 83 - (Glenn's idea, sorry Ron, but he "volunteered" you and your expertise if we can't get it up and running before then) - Big thanks to Glenn who spent his weekend with my 2 Visions. I'll be on the ride for sure; whether it is with a Vision remains to be seen.