News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

4th Annual CROV Fall Ride Sept. 28-29-30 Motel info added!!

Started by glennw, July 26, 2007, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

" border="0

Aelwulf

Grr, at the moment I'm out. :( Didn't get next weekend off.  If it changes I'll try to show up short notice.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Coil Coyle

I'm in.  ;D

Got the time off for sure. My manager finally accepted that the new Amy's canning line in Medford is going to be a long term overload so a few days off right at the start won't change anything. :P

I'll be in Friday afternoon. Lori's going to visit her people in Humbolt so I can share my room if someone needs a bed Friday and Saturday. I'll leave Sunday for the ride home from the Northernmost leg of the Sunday ride.

See Ya'll then,
;)
Coil

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tanno

So, is there a total yet? It's now 12:45am on the 23rd. We're leaving between 4 and 5am. Excitement has got me up with little sleep.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

I regret that I dont think I can rip my arm from the tight grip of a clingy employer.  I am in the midst of finding another job...MONDAY have an interview so we'll see....

All I've been doing for over a week is to figure out how to quit my current job, squeeze in a V ride, and then go to work for a new employer...will keep you posted
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tanno

My employer almost didn't let me go, but I threatened them with quitting because I've been there three years at 5-6 12hr days each week w/o a vacation. I told them I was taking one even if they didn't approved.....fire me.

They approved it.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Ron_McCoy

Good luck kwells!  It would be great to see you here.

It would be a good thing if everyone who's coming would confirm.

supervision

I can't make it on Friday, butt I should be rollin in by daybreak Saturday.  Just got off the phone with visionmiester,  he's gona get a room and I'll sleep in my trailer or in that room. Ride Sat. probably go home Sun. 
" border="0

glennw

Sweet... Let's see my riding or my job...  :'(
.... Sorry I have to work Friday.. see you guys about 7:30 Friday night!  ;)
KWells.. you need a little vacation... ;D
Half Mad Max

Tanno

well. I'm able to login to the site on my PDA.
We are esarrently in Roswell, NM. I have to get something Alien related!
we got here last night and will be visiting the museums and gift shops. We'll be on our way to the Grand Canyon this afternoon.

any update on the Vision count yet?

Tanno

On my PDA. I don't get the option to edit a posted message.

We are CURRENTLY in Roswell.....

Superfly

I wont make it this year.  I HATE missing the CROV, but this year I can not help it.  Have fun guys!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

X-Vision

After that lil mishap last week, I'm waiting on parts. I will be there.             

trialattorney

I'll be up on Fri pm with 2 Visions; my running 82 (not currently but hopefully) and my not running 83 - hopefully, we can go a group love thing with my 83 to see if we can get her going.....having some minor issues w/82 gas hoses and there is a short somewhere, so I installed a battery cut-off after changing the rectifier to a new one and not solving the problem.....relocated rectifier, also....see ya all this weekend. Glenn, see you Fri pm; I'll probably be right behind you...
Les

h2olawyer

Well, after frying another stator (my third one this summer), I'm going to have to wait until the Spring CROV ride to make it out there.  I don't want to put another stator in on the quick & cheap only to have it fail in another 1000 miles.  I'll be putting a different flywheel on my V & getting a new R/R as well.  The current R/R tests fine, but i just want to change everything that could possibly be causing the failures.  (see post in tech talk)

I hate to miss this ride!  Apologies to Ron for going to the extra effort to get me out there this fall.

Hope to see y'all in the Spring.   :(   :'(

At least then, maybe kwells & others can join me for the trip.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

I'm really sorry to hear you can't make it Rob.  You'll be missing some of the finest roads anywhere.  We'll
hoist a few wobbly pops in your honor.

Ron

glennw

Sorry to hear you can't make it H20....
Everytime a stator dies... a Vision owner somewhere
in the world sheds a tear... or something like that!
Glenn
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Thanks, guys.  Will have a better shot at getting more CO folks out there this Spring!  I can hear the wobbly pops opening now!

Think I'll design a new game - Flamin' Stators.  Like horseshoes, except the 'shoe' will be a closed ring (the stator) and the 'post' will be either a kickstand or an old fork tube.

Stator must be dipped in flammable liquid & ignited before it is tossed.   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

67GTO

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV