News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

oh..OH! yes, yes, YES!!!! Faster! Faster! FASTER!!!!

Started by Lucky, July 04, 2008, 01:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

No you perverts, it's not what you think.... wait, maybe it is...  ;D

I've been chasing Bad Bad Gremlin Brown (Baddest Gremlin in the whole damn town) & aparently he's invisible!

the idle/off idle bog from hell hasn't gotten any better no mater what i tried, cleaned or swapped.  so today i swapped plugs from Cafe bike (> 20 miles on them) swapped out TCI, experimented with shots of carb cleaner in the carb throats & pilot jets, disconnected the enrichers & played with them seperatly to see if i could isolate anything, nothing really made much difference.

finally i ended up throwing the 82 carbs from Cafe on the bike & blocking the return on the petcock.

that did it! my rip screamin bike is back, finally!  it's been creeping up this way since March or so.

now i've got to find out what's wron with my 83 carbs that i couldn't find the last 2 times i had them off.  probably something stupidl like reversed or loose jet.  :-[

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I'll say it again , the '83 carbs were an attempt to cure a problem that didn't exist! ;D ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Lucky...you have dirty carbs and need to clean them.  Not just spray carb cleaner on them either.  You need to fully disassemble them and dip them.  ;D

(Oh, you don't know how bad I waited to tell you that!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  )

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Walt_M.

David, he knows where you live! Tell him I hijacked your ID.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

It's ok, i have more dirt on Dave than you know.  Anything I do bad my wife knows about & sometimes encoureges, lol.  ;D ;D ;) 8) 8)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

lucky,

now that the carbs are off, adjust the finnikin pin, reset the snooze rod to full recline, yammer the yinzip bolt, and add two turns to the itdonmove bolt . then change out the winter air in your tires, to reflect the summer riding season, and that should get you up and running.

if that doesnt work,, i guess you have to redo those 83 carbs . 
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .