News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

EROV

Started by MotorPlow, March 10, 2005, 04:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dchakrab

The more I read about this, the more I think this is something I should do (never been on a biking road trip before).

My main concerns: I'm poor, I'm in Chicago, and I don't have a vehicle other than the Vision. That means I have to ride it a thousand odd miles with a tent on my back, which should be a blast in the summer. If it breaks down, I'm dead...probably pushing it to someplace where I can steal Wifi and post on this forum. If it happens in Ohio, that's a long push.

Let's see how my bike repairs and titling develops in the coming weeks...maybe I'll make it, maybe I'll have to wait a few more weeks/months to meet my fellow Visioneers.

-Dave.

Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

gbranche

Join the AMA, so you can take advantage of their roadside assistance, if the need should arise:

http://www.ama-cycle.org/roadride/assist.asp#motow

Greg

dchakrab

Thanks...that and the Help N Hands program both seem like a very good idea for me.

-Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

Mutt

I hope this is still on! I just got back from Disney World with the family, and I could use the vacation!
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

MotorPlow

It most certainly is still on!!!!!I will be heading to Vermont, NY and Busch Gardens in a couple od weeks with the family in a minivan.  I too will need a vacation after that!  I am so looking forward to the Dragon.  Looks like the Miatas are going to be there that weekend too....

ps2/bikevision

hey dchakrab if you want i live in michigan and will probally leave out from elkhart in. its right on the toll road about 2 hours east of you. i plan on trucking my v down part of the way if i get off my duff and get the stator replaced. i will probally take the truck all the way down if i can get my girlfriend  to drive it down.

if you want there is room in my truck if you want to truck it down. ive got a full size dodge pickup so plenty of room in the bed.

MotorPlow

Hello EROVers,
I am going to try a coordinate a small "Special Lunch" for our small group at the Dragon's Den Grill.

"Are you organizing a group ride to the Gap? Give us a call to coordinate a special lunch in the Grill - 800-889-5550. Bring a signed T-shirt from your group to hang on the ceiling as a reminder to all that you've been to the Gap!"

I also want to hang an ROV T-Shirt on the ceiling.  The T-Shirts range from $10-$20.  So,... I am asking for small donations to make this minor purchase.  If we can get 2-4 people to donate $5 each -or- 10 people to donate $1 each -or- 1 person to donate $20, that would be great.  I am also going to give away a small door prize which will go to one of the group who shows up for this ride.

Donations can be made to my PayPal address at christopher@motorplow.com - The door prize, I am paying for so don't worry about that being covered.

Thanx,
Chris Froeschl

Mutt

Door prize....New Stator still in the box?... ::)

MotorPlow

Quote from: Mutt on June 11, 2005, 01:19:56 AM
Door prize....New Stator still in the box?... ::)

Ha, Now that's funny.  I do however, have a few used ones.  Maybe I can get it engraved and mounted on a plaque for you to proudly hang in the shop.

Mutt

Fortunately I've not had to replace the stator yet but, I probably just jinxed myself!

Kevin

I will not be able to make the erov ride but I  see there will be some of you riding through my area.  You are welcome to camp in my back yard. We have a large shaded yard campfire area and a garage full of motorcycles and 4 wheelers. I  would like to see the other visions and compare notes. Maybe even cook some hamburgers over the fire. Check your maps I'm 6 miles off I57 at the Mt Vernon exit. Kevin C.

crackerkorean

I have been up there with my wifes miata and it was a blast.
Wish I could go. I am only 5 hours away but I dont think the bike will be ready and I will only be riding on a leaners. Sooooo it might just have to wait.

Maybe it can become a yearly thing?

MotorPlow

Okay,
The t-shirt and door prize has been ordered.  We were a little short on the t-shirt donations (thanx to those that donated), I went ahead and ordered it. I also had some comemorative decals made up.  Are we ready for this?

How many people are going and who is camping at my house on Thursday Night?  Camp fire, horse shoes, etc....

I'm ready.
Chris F.

ps2/bikevision

ok i plan on going. i just had to order a new stator (i know i have know it needed replaced for awhile). as soon as i get it in the mail and replace it.

provided nothing goes wrong in the mean time i will be there. chris house is 715mi. from mine and the most i have ever rode is about 200 mi. in one day i will try to make it thursday. im going to try and get some serouis riding in as soon as i get the stator replaced.

if i dont feel good about ridding that fare by then ill truck it to chris house and ride the rest.

Mutt

I'm in for sure! Not sure about the camping thing yet. I should know more in the next couple of weeks.

Mutt

MotorPlow

We are getting close, very, very close....

Who is going?

ps2/bikevision

hey dchakrab are you going to the gap?

i wont be taking my truck, i plan on riding there. i am trying to find somone to ride with. its alot nicer on a long trip to have some one else go. (two heads are better than one).
if you are worried about breaking down and not having a way to get back, i talked to my dad and as usual he said he would help me out if i need it on the trip. so ive got backup just a phone call away if i need it.