Racing Vision makes CycleNews

Started by Mark Roberts, April 05, 2005, 10:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

FCR, is that for off-road?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Blake

FCR is Keihns Flat Slide smooth bore carbs intended for "racing" appliations (you commonly find them on sportbikes).  but with the design it gives a very nice airflow and performance.  Ive only found them available as kits for specific bikes, and even then, for a new set its around $600-1000.  Even on ebay youll be lucky to find them for around 400 for a set of 4 (which is a good deal).

Now that theres confirmation, looks like i might have to spring for a set and make them fit.  I know there was someone out there who was interested in splitting a set.  Forgot who.  Looking at ebay seems you can get a decent set for around 450 (about 112 a carb, which is cheaper than new mikuni flatslides (around 150)

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

ArrrGeee

QuoteAnother article on the same bike closer picture this time!

Mark

http://www.1800flattrack.com/article.php?UID=Y8lP5WBfUpiko6nnMSXjqZR2e1Jbfo&aid=3168

heh, I had forgotten all about it.
this article was posted here over a year ago, I had actually sent them an email asking for further information on the bike.
They were still doing testing and development at the time.

I thought I had posted this info back then, here is a copy of the email from Cheryl about the bike;

<quote>
Ron,

There really isn?t anything that I can tell you about the bike right now that isn?t in the article by JB Norris on the AMA page. Babe DeMay is working on it and hopes to have it tested and out on the track by late August.  He will not have it out there until it will be competitive with the XR750.  He is still working on the frame and engine as time allows.  He has to keep the other bikes race ready in the mean time.  We just won the 1st grand national of the season at Municipal Stadium in Daytona and hope it will be one of many this season.  Once the vision is on the track and winning it will give Yamaha the opportunity to win a championship once again.

If you would like to contact us once it actually gets out on the track we would probably have more info for you.

Thank you,

Cheryl

I'm glad things are coming together for them, it looks very cool.

ahh, here is the orignial post.

http://www.ghetti.net/cgi-bin/ROVBB/YaBB.pl?board=Archives;action=display;num=1113719774;start=0

-Ron

Ken Williams

If you are looking for carbs that might be made to work on the Vision but don?t want to spring for the FCR, you can often find something suitable on e-Bay.  Sets of 40 mm Keihin carbs off the Kawasiki ZX9R go for as little as $45 plus shipping.  

fiddlesticks

Just FYI There are Mikuni Universal boot kits avail at Some cycle salvage places. Im wondering if there is some way to find boots that fit the V at the bottoms and a different carb application at the top.  Someone would have to bring a set of our boots in because they have to be measured or something. Just a thought.

Fiddle
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"