News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

possible vision..

Started by mdskinner731, September 19, 2007, 09:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdskinner731

i think i saw a vision today... standing out side a bike came down the road and from the front it lookes just like a vision??? humm untill it pased and i saw the rear end the lights were totally different.. it did sound just like tigers vision tho
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

YellowJacket!

I have seen a couple UFV's (unidentified flying Visions) around here too.  I think Cole ended up buying one of them.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

MD, coulda been a Seca (turbo) of the same vintage. very similar bike & several parts interchange
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

yeah, I saw a 650 Turbo at a Hinerwadel's Clam Bake last Wednesday, and think I saw it again the other day....

maybe if it was boosting it would sound like Tiger's  :o GRRRrrrr
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

QBS

Amazing!  A highly desireable (at least by me) bike.  Interesting challange to value.  Can't go too high or you get into new sport bike pricing.  As a museum piece it might be worth more than a new sport bike.  As a rider, it is heavy 25 year old technolgy, gremlins, weak brakes and all.  It would be hard pressed to out perform a $6200.00usd Kawasaki 650 R.  If I bid on it I would do so to ride it.  Probably wouldn't go over $5k.

mdskinner731

nv i kno what a yamaha seca 650 turbo looks like theres one for sale on 11 and iv been eye ballin it for a while now... i think he is asking way to much because its been there for a year now...
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

QBS

Bidding on the turbo timed out a $4050.00usd.  Reserve not met.

Aelwulf

I thought I saw a silver Vision out here with another bike headin' south on the 101 from Santa Maria a week or two ago.  They were on one of the side roads I think waiting to get on the freeway.  I was in traffic so couldn't get a good look. :/

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

ColinthePilot

i've got Seca parts on my V. I would take that seca, but not for that price. I don't care how nice it is, for that price i can get a 3-4 year old crotch rocket.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning