News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Who will be at Mid Ohio?

Started by QBS, May 30, 2003, 07:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

The '83, me and maybe the wonderful wife will be at the Mid Ohio races.  Need to make contact with some veteran Mid Ohio attendees for dates, best places to camp, and hopfully establish meeting plans with other V powered attendees.  Please respond.  Cheers.

bikeseamus

Hi Mr. QBS   Enter the area and bear to the left for camping. In the past, there have been no visible visionaries.......but there are a lot of visions and vision parts...rediculously underpriced and unappreciated...visionarie's dream.  You will have so much fun you will be forced to put stones in your shoes so you don't explode with joy. It simply is the single best motorcyclist gathering on earth...end of subject.

Blake

Underpriced vision parts?   hook line and sinker for me..  now the question is when is mid ohio this year?   work wouldnt let me go last year...but I'd REALLY like to make it this time.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

bikeseamus

July 18 19 20    AMA Vintage days    Lexington Ohio   See my previous posts on the subject or hit the AMA website  It should be on there,  I'm going to bring a factory locking luggage rack with box and backrest...and  sidecovers and on and on .... I'll clear out the rest of my Vision stuff to some lucky guy, Jim

Mike Williams

;D  I'm a brand-new newbie and I'll be there in the swap meet at the Yamaha 650 Society/XS650 parts.com booths.  I've wanted an '83 for years and when my buddy bought a nice one in Cincinnati this year I told him I'd like first "dibs" if he decided to sell. Well, today he sold, to me!  The other guys are right, if you can't have fun at this meet you're beyond hope.  I'll be selling/showing my '77 XS650D during the weekend. Probably put it in the "Ride 'em, don't hide 'em" show.  I don't want to sell, but if someone waves enough money at me, I'll have to do it.  Stop at the 650 booth and say "Hi".  Mike Williams

RobTx

Mike, congrats on picking up the Vision.  Keep, the XS, both Blake Stoddard and I have both.  (Well, my wife really owns the XS650 and I own the Vision)  I'm RobTx on the xs650garage.com forum.  If I make it up to Mid Ohio I'll be wearing my XS650 Garage work shirt at least some of the time.  I hope I can make it up there, sounds like a great event.  QBS, are you going to ride the Vision up there?
Rob

QBS

RobTX, when I weighed being with the Wonderful Wife in Previa AC comfort with the V in tow or being alone in the July heat, it was easy to go for the wife and AC.  In our younger days we would have ridden the V.   But with some things no longer needing to be proven to ourselves and the primary objective being to have a comfortable excape, comfort won.  Cheers.

dtknox

I will be there.  The last time I was at the Vintage Bikle show was in 2001. I spend the weekend and saw five other Visions. We had four together at one time.

As for a meeting place, bikes are allowed to park for free, in the infield.  There is only one road in and there is a shaded picnic area with a concession stand, at the end of the road.  If you park your bike behind that stand, you will have a good chance of being seen.

As for camping, there is camping at the track but it is first come first server and it is in an open field.  If you are driving a RV, you may want to camp at one of the parks (Mohican Start Park or Pleasant Hill) which are close by and ride the Vison to Mid Ohio Track.   Make reservation, the camp grounds fill up for the Vintage Bike Show.

If you are making the trip up, you may want to consider stopping at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame, in Columbus.  It is about 70 miles south of Mid Ohio.

Have a good tip

Dale
Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

ArrrGeee

(slightly off topic.)

QBS, kudos on your appreciation of a fine piece of
machinery...    ;D

supercharged ? or non-sc ?

I love my space-pod  8)
-Ron

QBS

Yo Ron!  I too love my "Space Pod".  Back in the wifes' soccer mom and Girl Scout leader days she said she wanted a van.  I, having never been a van person, wasn't real excited.  However, she is a wonderful person and it was for a worthy cause, so I agreed.  My only stipulation was that it had to be a Toyota.  By default it was a Previa.  Non supercharged.  How about yours?  S/Ced?

Dan Byers

As much as I'd like to be there guys, my V is still down as am I. I am in the middle of a vicious divorce/custody battle and cannot seem to find the willpower to repair her. I cannot even stand to look in the garage and see her there, waiting for the stator to be installed. The divorce coupled with increased pressure and demands at work due to downsizing have left me in the deepest funk I have felt in my life. Someday, somehow...maybe when this is all over, I will find the will to do it and ger her running and throw a leg back over her again (the bike that is)
For those of you thinking of attending, the hype is all true. VMD at Mid Ohio is an awesome event, and not to be missed.
Dan

Rick G

HI Dan,  sorry to hear of your troubles, I went through a similar scenario myself , about 20 years ago.  Focus on the future, and remember "this too shall pass"  Your Vwill be patienty waiting for you!  and  so will we!    ;)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

or you might find fixing her up (the bike) a nice diversion...  Either way, we will be here when you are.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QBS

Today is the day!  We (the Wonderful Wife, Super Kid(aka the daughter), the V, the Previa, and myself) leave for Mid Ohio via points north and east in about two hours.  We have planned this outing to be a two week vacation event.  During this trip we also plan on touring the Amish country, the U.S. Air Force museum, and possibly the Motorcycle Hall of Fame.

We will camping at the track, arrival day will be either Thursday pm or Friday am.  Will leave Sunday pm.

Mike Williams: If you read this, know that I will be looking you up at the xs 650 booth.  You can recognize either me or the wife from the Christian Motorcycle Association "colors" we will be wearing.  My colors also have "Prison Ministry 2003 2004" on the back.  Really hope we can connect!

We hope to use the bike for day side touring athe various locations we will be camping at along the way.  Sure hope it runs well.  Have only recently fixed(maybe) a fuel delivery problem.  Oh well.  We'll see. This a trip of a life time for our family and we are all very excited.  Will report back all adventures upon return.

Cheers.