News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Who does carbs (Lucky?)

Started by dchakrab, August 25, 2006, 05:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dchakrab

Hi all,

Since I was out of Chicago for a while, and work's been crazy, I still haven't finished working on the V carbs...they're still sitting on my desk.

My Americorps term is up in a week, so after that I'll have some free time. I'm going to round up the manual and see if I can get the carbs together and back into the bike ok. Worst case scenario, if I can't figure it out (never did manage to get the float posts off, for example), then what would you guys suggest?

I can ship everything I've got to someone who knows what they're doing. Give me an idea of what you guys would want for that, turnaround time, and ballpark shipping costs. If it's doable, I'll bite. Otherwise, I could put all of these parts into storage and just grab the carbs off the other bike (were just cleaned) and swap them into this one. The downside to that is that if I just have a box of carb parts, I know I'm going to lose stuff (or it'll rust / corrode / get bird crap on it / the turtles will eat it / room mate will throw them out / etc).

Thoughts? I'm going to wait a week till Americorps is done, and then print out the manuals from Lucky's CD and go to it.

Thanks!

Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

Lucky

how about if you throw the clean carbs on the bike, see if it runs, then, if so, send me your disassembled carbs, then there is no rush (got lots going on) i'll try not to rape you on price, but be forwarned, shipping a set of carbs seems to run $20-25 dollars...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

dchakrab

Hmmm...I guess I'm going to have to eat the shipping cost.

I'll tinker with the bikes as soon as I've got a sec, and see if she likes the other carbs. Girlfriend's back tomorrow, so today = cleaning apartment.

Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.