What's the difference between '82 vs. '83?

Started by munkyfistfight, July 18, 2008, 01:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: munkyfistfight on July 27, 2008, 01:14:55 AM
Tell ya what, Tiger, if this deal doesn't go through, I'll definitely be interested in snagging your '82. $1000 cash? I'd prefer the black one I just saw, but if it had your personal touch, I'd assume the "Tigerized" version was worth the money.

:) Its a black '82 with a Vetter "Sting" fairing and will have S.S. braided brake line... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kwells

u assume right.   
That boy knows what he's doin.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

munkyfistfight

Hmm. Where do you live again? That sounds pretty slick. Maybe dealing with someone from here would be easier than haggling with someone from a shop who doesn't know a thing about these bikes.

What year are the nickles you glued to the airbox flap?  :D
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

YellowJacket!

I could have set the record for the highest Vsion price a couple weeks ago when a guy offered me $4500.00 for my 82 at our garage sale.  I had jokingly put a $6000.00 CASH ONLY-FIRM price tag on it.

I would still be hesitant about paying more than 1000.00 for an 82.  After dealing with my insurance company last week, I was told that the NADA value of an 82 in "Very Good" condition is 900.00 to 1000.00.  "Excellent" (basically mint condition) is 1400.00.
But, Lucky is right too.  With gas prices going up and the demand for motorcycles rising, so are the prices and values.  I reluctantly filled up my car for the first time in 3 weeks (usually a weekly ordeal) and the 52.00 hurt.  YJ, on the other hand would run about 16.00 - with mid grade or premium.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kwells

I agree with Dave.  I really nice 82(close to mint) could get me to shell out about 1500

I paid 1k for my 82 with 500 miles on it but I literally got that for a steal.

There's no way I'd part with it for less than 5k now though.

And even then, I'd have to be desperate.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Aelwulf

Only $52?  Runs me $110-120 to fill up the truck lately. :p Thankfully that only happens once every month or two now.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Aelwulf on July 27, 2008, 12:08:26 PM
Only $52?  Runs me $110-120 to fill up the truck lately. :p Thankfully that only happens once every month or two now.

Thats in my VTEC Accord.  Gets about 24mpg average - "around town" driving.  Not too bad, but not as good as I want or as good as my Vision.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

munkyfistfight

I just bought an '06 Saturn VUE with a V6 Honda engine in it. I'm getting between 25-30 on the highway. Just drove from Atlanta to Pittsburgh on 2 tanks. Wooo. :)
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

Tiger

Quote from: munkyfistfight on July 27, 2008, 11:05:01 AM
Hmm. Where do you live again?

What year are the nickles you glued to the airbox flap?  :D

:) Just north of Toronto...Canada. I'll meet you at the border!!!

:) I decided to keep the two nickles that I got from George Washington and installed a vacuum assisted flapper air box :D :D :D :D... 8)

8) All the Vision's that leave my shop are in "ready for the road" condition... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

munkyfistfight

Could you email me some pics? Nate.Peebles@Gmail.com

I'm actually alot more serious about the "Tigerized" bike than the one I'm looking at in the shop right now. I'm sure we can work out a few other nuances, but Buffalo isn't too far from me. I'd just have to figure out a tow-hitch for my new car and a trailer. I could definitely use a road trip this summer. This is very feasible. I live in Pittsburgh, PA.

jasonm.

Quote from: munkyfistfight on July 26, 2008, 06:02:05 PM
That sounds more reasonable. I would even probably give him $1200 if I knew it would run smoothly out the door. I'm planning on letting him know that I already know this bike is going to require alot of preventative maintenance.

They tried to tell me since the shop put all the time and work into it that it's worth $1500. (This is actually the reduced price. They wanted $1700 previously).

sorry, not the best picture quality.
"with al the work they've put in"...? Hell, ask them if it was a basket case. My insurance Co. won't pay out more than $900 U.S. for a totaled '82...should someone do that.  I always, never pay more than insured value. Otherwise it's not usually worth it.  Especially if a loan is involved. I don't believe a loan would be needed for any Vision. 
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules