News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

World cup

Started by iain, October 23, 2011, 04:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

Rugby world cup , goes to New Zealand
Iain
NZ  8)

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

lexx790

Well done NZ best team won the competition.

UK crowd came home in shame, starting to behave like football players, payed too much and not enough focus on the game.

Tiger

:) Congrats, superb 8) This is how it starts...by frightening the shite outta the other team!!!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=haka+dance&mid=0E93E0F3B9DC79A20F650E93E0F3B9DC79A20F65&view=detail&FORM=VIRE7

..and how the other team can react!!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Tonga+Haka+Dance&view=detail&mid=2036E761FBE52B2BE3592036E761FBE52B2BE359&first=0&FORM=LKVR2

RUGBY...A real mans sport...no heavy armour, helmets, gloves, etc, etc ;) 8)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

lexx790

USA people now googling  "Rugby"  ??? ;)

Tiger

Quote from: lexx790 on October 24, 2011, 06:22:25 PM
USA people now googling  "Rugby"  ??? ;)

;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

I have to admit that football, (soccer!!), is still my fav' sport. Sunderland A.F.C. till I die 8)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Oz Vision

1973 was a good year Tiger!

Good on the Kiwis, they can't beat us at much else but man they can play rugby.
1982 Yamaha XZ 550 - 16R x 2
1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

Tiger

Quote from: Oz Vision on October 25, 2011, 04:59:20 AM
1973 was a good year Tiger!

:) A VERY good year...I remember it well... 8)

lexx790

I watch soccer but don't support any team. When I was a boy I did support Leeds so I remember 1972 for a good reason  :) and 73 for a bad reason.  :-[

h2olawyer

Never much cared for soccer.  Lots of running around and getting tired for no apparent reason.  Even more boring to watch.  Sometimes late in important games, it can get a little exciting.  Stoppage time in a tie game for a championship for example.  Otherwise, I'd rather watch paint dry.  I have seen a few video clips of some amazing goals and appreciate the athletic talent involved.  It is also a great conditioning exercise for alpine skiing.  I think it has a lot to do with what sports you grew up playing and watching.

"It takes leather balls to play rugby."  Congrats to NZ!  Rugby is a pretty popular sport in Colorado.  Guess we're just a bunch of scrum bags.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.