Ontario REVISED Ride DATE !!!!!!!!

Started by Tiger, February 13, 2006, 04:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Ladies & Gentlemen,
The Ontario Meet / Ride is, first and foremost, a chance to get together with as many Visionary's as possible for a week-end of fun  ;D and as such not MY ride but OUR'S
I have consulted with a couple of the more  :P Ontario ride experienced  8) riders, and believe that maybe we should change the meet / ride to

27th / 28th May 2006  [/b] ???
The main reason for this , is that the temperatures that we can expect for the 22nd/23rd April are, on average, 1 to 12 degrees C. For those of you who will travel 2 to 3 hours to the meet, ride for 3+ hours and in some cases, ride home this may not be much fun  ::).
I am there fore asking for your input. Does this date work for you AND who requires accomodation. We can then sort out advertising the ride further.
Please let me know A SOON AS POSIBLE so we can move forward.
                                     TIGER
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

squid

John,
it sounds like a good idea, and it will give some of the newer riders to get things all ready, but either way I will be there on either date ;D
Also, I emailed snow city cycle last night to see if I could drum up some support, havent heard back yet, and I plagerized some of your letter to Yamaha Canada :P so dont sue me,,,,i suck at writing professional looking letters,,, :-[

ps2/bikevision

the later in the year the better the chances i show up in canada. i hate the cold but for a chance to ride with a big group of visions ill dress warm.

heck any reason to just jump on the bike and cruise is good to me. i rode 600 miles one way just to meet up with Mutt and Motorplow last summer. but the dragon was well worth the ride.

may will give me more time to get the new vision up and running with a decent paint job.

Blurred Vision

Fine with me John Might give me a chance to take the Safety coarse and get my m2 liscence
Jay

Tiger

:) Thanks guys,
I think it will prove worth while to change to May in the long run? ;)
:) Squid, Use what ever you can, any-time. Keep it up. The more exposure the better? ;D
:) ps2, When you get here we will make you an honary Canadian? :o If you manage to get the other Vision here I'll Knight you? ;D
:) Jay, Go for the course. I took mine in August last year? >:( Well worth the time and money?? ;) . A lot of fun? ;D very informative and a great way to help build your confidence? 8)

Ladies & Gentlemen, Dont forget to let me know if you need a bed for the night? :-\? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? TIGER
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

wolf

??? ???...tsk..no stamina---12c is ok riding,keeps you...FOCUSED! , if you know what I mean. And end of May means lots of cruiser folk out dawdling. Still, I'm in now, regardless of the date. And thanks again for organising all this, tiger--I know what a hassle it can be...wolf.

cmhn

May is better for me. The bike needs a lot before I'll trust it for any distance.

Tiger

:) Guy's. Up to now we have Eight for change of date:

;D Tiger
;D Squid
;D ps2
;D? Jays Vision
;D Wolf
;D cmhn
;D Brian Mathewson
;D CanadianLouie

glennw

What's 12c in English....? hahaha
It was 80 in Solvang last week....
About what it will be April 1st....
GlennW
Half Mad Max

louthepou

Hey folks,

Don't let me influence your choice, I think Tiger you already have quite a few "ok's"; looking good.

For myself, on that new weekend I'll be out in the middle of nowhere tickling walleye and northern pike with my jiggers and red devils. Only weekend when my brother and I are simultaneously free...  :'(

So it'll be a fall Vision meet again this year for me maybe?  :)

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Blurred Vision

Hey lou

How are those clip ons, I'm considering the same modification for my 82.
Is there enough room to turn the handlebars without scrubbing the tank?
Jay

Tiger

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? :) Hi Guy's? ;D
? ? ? ? ? ? ;D ONLY FORTEEN WEEKS TO GO? ;D? :D? ;)? 8)

fiddlesticks

Just my luck. The  weekend of  May 27-28 is the one weekend I can definately not attend the ride. :( Boo hoo. Oh well hopefully there will be some more rides this year.

Fidd
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

:) Sorry that you can't make it? :'(? but there will be? ?;D more ride's over the summer month's? 8)

Tiger

:) Hi Guy's This is the reply from motorcycle Mojo Magazine That I have advertised our spring ride in? ;D

Thanks John
I will post on my website soon as well as in the next issue of the mag.
Good luck on recruiting riders of such a rare bike.
Are there many around?
Do you know many who ride one?
----------------------------
MOTORCYCLE MOJO MAGAZINE IS THE WINNER OF
2004 MAX AWARD (MOTORCYCLE AWARD of EXCELLENCE) FOR MEDIA-MOTORCYCLE MAGAZINE
2006 MAX AWARD (MOTORCYCLE AWARD of EXCELLENCE) FOR SPECIAL AMBASSADOR
(for sending magazines to over 30 locations overseas for our Canadian Forces Troops to enjoy)
Available at Chapters/Indigo and other fine newsstands across Canada

Be sure to look us up at the following Motorcycle Shows across Canada
6 down, 4 to go
Montreal Motorcycle Show-February 24-26
Halifax Bikers Bash, Halifax Forum-March 18
National Motorcycle Show, Automotive Building, Toronto-March 25-26
Spring Motorcycle Show, International Centre, Toronto-April 8-9
--------------------------
Regards
Glenn Roberts, Publisher
Motorcycle Mojo Magazine
P.O. Box 2040
Thornton, ON, Canada
L0L 2N0
http://www.motorcyclemojo.com
glenn@motorcyclemojo.com
Toll Free ? 1-877-MOJO MAG (1-877-665-6624)
phone- 705-424-2112
Fax - 705-424-6945

;D If you don't subscribe to this wee mag'? :o you should? ;)

Tiger

???? ? ?;)? ? ?:D? ? ?;D? ? ONLY 12 WEEK'S TO GO?TO COMPLETE YOUR PROJECTS ? ?;D? ? ?:D? ? ?;)? ? ?8)

Blurred Vision

Workin on a custom nose fairing for inbehind the front wheel, hope tp have it painted and on the bike for the ride
Jay

Tiger

:)HMMMMMMMMM...........Interesting? ;) Keep us posted? 8)

Tiger

? ;)? ? ?:D? ? ?;D? ? ONLY 11 WEEKS TO GO? ? ?;D? ? ?:D? ? ?8)

Blurred Vision

Hey John have you heard from wolf from sarnia. Haven't seen a post from him in a while. Was wondering if he's willing to help me get to the meeting point.
Jay