News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Fall Ride in Ontario...

Started by Tiger, September 12, 2007, 08:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironb12s

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 12, 2007, 08:28:02 PM
I thought the brits drank warm beer because Lucas also makes refrigerators.   :D

H2O

Likely where Lucas got it's start...    8)  I find it's just easier not having to worry about chilling my favorite brews...

Bring back pics, guys, dutifully documented...
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

fiddlesticks

Oooooooooh . Wish I could have made it out.  :(  Was looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones. Theres always the spring.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Night Vision

forks of the credit roads were open...... that was fun... I met you there this past spring.. but never met your Vision  ::)   maybe in the spring again
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

wolf

Wwwoww! Another great ROV ride, Tiger! Many, many thanks to you and your lovely wife for hosting--the ride, the party, and above all the companionship were fabulous.
NV, Joevacc, Ldfc., Cdnlu.,GTO---great to see you guys!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 12, 2007, 08:28:02 PM
I thought the brits drank warm beer because Lucas also makes refrigerators.

Hey, you're hurting my car's feelings.  (If it had any, right now it doesn't even have a battery..)

Brian (back on line finally)

Night Vision

ouch... that was a long ride.... Joe and Arthur are still going  :o
good to see everyone again.... thank you John and Cathy for having us!

I think my speedometer is tired, my tach is pooped, and my ass is cracked  :-\
;D

ironb12s

NV, which path did you take, under or over Lake Ontario?  Less than 300mi by the Southern route, and the Northern had scenery to make you forget it was longer...   ;)

Tiger

8) To you ALL...thank-you for a Grrrrrreat week-end :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)...and a special thanks goes to my wee wife, Cathy, who puts up with enough shite from me and still doesn't complain when I tell her things like ..."Oh by the way, we're having a Fall Ride in a few week's time...and we need to give food and shelter to "X" amount of people"... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D and then she says to me, "I guess I should plan for a cast of thousand's"... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.
Its always a pleasure to have you guy's as guest's in our home, it is a "family" type feel... 8)
On Saturday, we set out at 9.15 a.m...'ish and arrived back at our place for 5 .15 p.m...'ish. Although the temp's where kinda low ::), we had no rain...or snow!!! ;D :D :D :D :D, although we did stop at a motor cycle/snowmobile store so JoeVac could buy some snowmobile gloves because his wee handie's where chilly ;D :D :D :D :D :D...I'm sure they helped on his, (and his brother's), 12 hour ride home!!! I think a gel seat pad would be a good investment... ;)
We were a bit suprised, and pleased, to have L_D join us on the ride...straight from his work!!! after a quick shower and coffee .....aaaaaand last night, at 8.30'ish, we had a knock at the door and who do we find on our doorstep......GT@0 and his lovely wife :o all the way from Toledo, Ohio :o... 8)
The week-end no sooner begins and it's, sadly, over... :'( :'( :'(
I think the 2008 Spring Ride could be the OnROV's record for Vision's, (and non-Vision's), maybe even a ROV record, eh boy's and girl's ;D ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER & TIGRESS....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

ironb12s

Tiger, if I am among the ranks of the employed, and I have ANY motorcyle roadable, I will darken your doorstep.  Possibly need you and 2 other Visionaries to witness a BBGold for me.  I'll bring my B&T with, as well.

joevacc

Hey you Guys,

Arthur and I are home at last!!!   Tiger Thank you and Cathy for the great hospitality!  This was by far the one of the great epic rides of my Vision days.

Here's to many, many more!!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Night Vision

glad youse guys made it back.... 
1200 miles and thousands of smiles  ;D
;D

AVacc

Well, I don’t have a Vision but I have been riding with one by my side for more than 20 years.

I know it was blaspheme for a noisy Harley to despoil the pure radiance of a gaggle of Visions that have come together like a choir of angels, but I have to say Thank You [/i]  all for a great weekend!

Tiger, Your wife and you are the most gracious people I have ever met.

I had a super great time meeting all of you and it is entirely possible I will ride with JoeVacc on the next one :))

Tiger

:) We are only to pleased that you have ALL enjoyed your brief time with us, it was a blast. I have passed on your compliment's to Cathy and again thank you all for a great time.
Meeting and riding with old and new people is great...even if some do come on other makes of motorcycle's ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) I suppose that if there wern't other manufacturer's we would have no one to wind up or put down :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Cathy tell's every one that i'm having a "Hells Angel's rally" :o :o :o It keeps the village on its toe's :D :D

I'm pleased to announce that everyone got home safe and sound...However, one "V" didn't get back in one piece, I'm sorry to inform you. Here is a copy of a message that I have just received from GT@0...

Well we made it back in one piece...however sadly the bike did not  .....the trailer seperated from the ball/hitch ... just minutes from my house ....sending the bike over .....if you could please keep a eye open for the following parts....the tank now has a huge dent and the right lower was destroyed and the yics box was also busted....the right front lens was lost as well....if you come across any of these items in your searches please let me know....the sooner I get it back whole the sooner I will be able to sleep at night.    Thanks GT

At present, I know that I don't have the part's he require's...can anyone help out... ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Night Vision

ouch. not a good ending.... I'll probably have a turn signal assembly available some time in the near future.... but I need to make sure I have them all for the project bike first
;D

Night Vision

Well, I do have pictures from the Fall ride...... as usual, not many.... but luckily a shutter bug riding passenger forwarded some action shots and a couple of stills....

Since these photos seem to be getting fewer and fewer the more we get together, I was hoping to combine the four rides I've been on... Summer '06 at Kenny's, Spring 07 at Tiger's, Summer '07 at my place and Fall '07 at Tiger's into one photo show....

Cdnlouie and Kenny... got pics from my ride to add to the collection?
;D

Tiger

:) Look forward to seeing the "Collection", N_V... 8)

Rick G

You make me sad , I'd love to make one of your rides !  next time I'm going to send John a pic of me on my bike and he can take it along on the ride. I'll be there in image and spirit.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike