Cam cover breathers

Started by dingleberry, January 12, 2015, 04:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

I was just wondering.  Rather immaterial for me since the vision carbs will be going into the parts bin

dingleberry

Which brings us back to; how ideal will a single carb be if the rear needs richer jetting? I assume you are still going ahead with the weber or have you got different plans?
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: dingleberry on January 14, 2015, 04:45:03 AM
Which brings us back to; how ideal will a single carb be if the rear needs richer jetting? I assume you are still going ahead with the weber or have you got different plans?
I know the stock carbs can be made to run really well so it's a bit retarded to do a swap, but if I'm going to have ALL the mods, then I have to really. 

The Weber is a dual throat, and each carb can be jetted independently  They just share a float bowl.  It needs an overhaul kit and some spacers made, but otherwise this is a fairly low cost project.  I have some stainless O2 sensor bungs for the predator as I can't use an exhaust sniffer on a 4-2-1 exhaust to help with the jetting.

I was thinking at one stage of microsquirt EFI but I think I'd run out of cash before I got it done.

dingleberry

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting how high tech you are with your analysers.  :) Don't know anything about the weber, but you have explained what I need to know, for now.

As for injection, if you still have the Vision in a few years I can see it happening. These things tend to evolve as time goes by, and more injected motorbikes make it to the knackers yard.
You like, oui?

jefferson

You're correct on the vacuum. The lower the pressure in the crankcase the more power. Drag racers even use hoses from each valve cover going to the headers to evacuate the crankcase through a valve and pipe angled into the header. The flow of the exhaust pulls the vacuum on the crankcase.

dingleberry

Those crankcase evacuators would have to be downstream from O2 sensors I'm guessing.
You like, oui?

jefferson

No o2 sensors on those cars.

dingleberry

Was just talking in general. I realise that drag cars are not looking for the perfect air/fuel mixture as they only have to do a couple hundred revolutions down the strip so cramming as much air and fuel in is the order of the day in that scenario.
You like, oui?