News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

RoadRider vs. SuperVenom

Started by h2olawyer, July 26, 2008, 07:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

Quote from: h2olawyer on August 04, 2008, 09:13:17 PM
But again, I worry about what any liquid type product will do to white leathers.  I think talc without any additives or maybe some climbing chalk would serve my needs better.  Those substances are much less likely to permanently stain the leather than a liquid.  Besides, they're white as well.

The polish sounds good for other parts, though.  May have to find some & try it out.  Thanks for the link.

H2O

The idea isn't to sit on it while it's wet :).  Spray it on, wipe it off and let dry.  Never discolored my black leathers.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Lucky

i thing H2O is more afrade of a brown spot on his butt!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Black leather won't discolor nearly as noticeably as white.  I wanted white because it helps keep me cooler under the hot sun.  Just wish there were some products that worked well with light color leather.  I'm going with the dry, powdery tricks first.  Will go shopping this week to see what I can find.  Maybe a bag of climbing chalk from REI?

Lucky - Why I oughtta . . . . .  >:(   ;)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

zore

I've also used the honda stuff with textiles if that helps.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

Quote from: zore on August 02, 2008, 02:42:31 PM
Where are the track day pics?  PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Was working on my track video this afternoon, when my external USB hard drive crashed.  Need to find someone locally who can extract the videos & photos for me.  DAMN!  I have lots of stuff on it - close to filled - 100GB.

It might be a while before I get the track day video posted to youtube now.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

zore

Was there a trackday photog there?  That's what I'd be interested in.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

All the track day photos & videos are on that disc, along with all my other video & pix from the last 3 or 4 years.   >:(  I erased them from the SD card after I transferred the files to the external disc.  Needed room for video on the Steamboat trip.   ::)  I'll rescue them somehow.  My avatar is from a track day last year - same track, same bike, same rider, same leathers.  Much of my older video is still available on tapes, though so those movies can be remade.

H2O