News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Seat upgrade

Started by kimgrov, September 23, 2003, 02:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimgrov

I need a new seat. What are the options? Just corbin? I'd like something more supportive than the oem foam cushion since I'm getting ready for a long ride.

Thanks.

ArrrGeee

there are not many options besides going to Corbins
factory to have them do it.
you might try going to saddlemen.com to get an idea what they offer.  alternatively, you may be able to find someone local to see if they are up for building one for you.

good luck

-Ron

Lucky

I've found that if you live near a marina, or marine enviroment, you can usually find a shop that does custom marine upholstery.  One of their areas of expertise is designing & recovering vinyl boat cusions.  The shop in my area also does snowmobile seats.  They are used to dealing with materials able to withstand the harshest enviroments.

I found the easiest way to locate them is to just go down to the docks & ask at the supply stores.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

If the foam is Ok, both JC Whitney and Dennis Kirk have better quality seat covers  than stock for under 50.00 and there not too bad to put on.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike