News:

Main Menu

Party Crashing!

Started by Mutt, November 16, 2005, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

I live just a couple miles off I-40/75.? Its west of knoxville city between lovell road and campbell station road exits.? you can use the sites map function to find me.? I have a push pin on the map for knoxville.? If you scan the map to the right, it drags right across the dragon.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

according to MS Streets and Trips, its 55 miles from my house to deals gap.

David

MotorPlow

Quote from: Mutt on March 16, 2006, 06:17:33 PM
Quote from: MotorPlow on March 16, 2006, 03:55:33 PM
We could kidnap him, or would that be adultnapping... wait a minute, that's what I do in the afternoons... In any event, it would be after we eat his food.... Right?

Dave, Pick a day and we will add it into the plans... How does Sunday afternoon sound? I figure Saturday Night could result in interesting entertainment at the campground, and I'm thinking it could be fun to hang around and watch.

Mutt, I've been trying to find the time to plot a route down the parkway from here...

What's the closest access to the parkway from your house? Would it be better to ride the interstate down a ways and then get on it or should we just cruise it all the way down? I'm there either way.

Mutt

I can access the BRP practically in my back yard. I can see the parkway from my house. So, accessing the parkway is not going to be a problem.

Mutt

Bump! 37 days and closing fast. Who's in? Overnight or day only, let us know so we can arrange a meeting place and time. Likely it will be at the kickstand camp ground.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 16, 2006, 03:55:33 PM

Dave, Pick a day and we will add it into the plans... How does Sunday afternoon sound? I figure Saturday Night could result in interesting entertainment at the campground, and I'm thinking it could be fun to hang around and watch.

Yea, last year was young girl and midget racing. 50cc bikes going at it on a make shift track. This year we might see Sangathor and his buddies carve up some pavement with their giant motor driven sharpies! Maybe make some smiley faces  :).

Mutt

Mutt

Happy First Day of Spring! Man, I hope things change drastically in the next 30 or so days! Headlines from our local news site.

N.C. Mountains Face Winter Weather On First Day Of Spring
In the mountains, there was a winter weather advisory until 6 p.m. for Avery, Madison, Yancy and Mitchell counties where about 2 inches of snow was expected to accumulate.
WRAL WeatherCenter

Mutt? :P

MotorPlow

Quote from: Mutt on March 20, 2006, 11:29:27 AM
Bump! 37 days and closing fast. Who's in? Overnight or day only, let us know so we can arrange a meeting place and time. Likely it will be at the kickstand camp ground.

Mutt

I put a countdown timer on my website. Counting down to the second.

In List:
Motorplow
Mutt
DaveTN (Sunday afternoon at his house)
PS2

YellowJacket!

Well, a little bad news.  I got my work schedule today and I have to work that weekend...unless I come down with a bad caseof spring fever or can trade shifts.  The semi good news is that I'm only shceduled for 8 hr shifts, so Sunday afternoon still sounds good as I get off at three.

David

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on March 20, 2006, 06:08:06 PM
Well, a little bad news.? I got my work schedule today and I have to work that weekend...unless I come down with a bad caseof spring fever or can trade shifts.? The semi good news is that I'm only shceduled for 8 hr shifts, so Sunday afternoon still sounds good as I get off at three.

David

That works. Nothing like a cook out after a tough day of riding the mountain curves and hills.

Mutt

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 20, 2006, 05:11:48 PM
Quote from: Mutt on March 20, 2006, 11:29:27 AM

Mutt

I put a countdown timer on my website. Counting down to the second.

In List:
Motorplow
Mutt
DaveTN (Sunday afternoon at his house)

I did the ride to work with ya. Nice roads! Looks like the ride to your house is going to be a good warm up!

Mutt

MotorPlow

Quote from: Mutt on March 20, 2006, 07:11:47 PM

I did the ride to work with ya. Nice roads! Looks like the ride to your house is going to be a good warm up!

Mutt

Oh, I have a hell of a warm up planned... Rt40 (Ferrum to Woolwine) then Rt8 (Woolwine to Tuggles Gap) then the Blue Ridge Parkway to The Smokey Mountains.

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 21, 2006, 02:01:55 PM
Quote from: Mutt on March 20, 2006, 07:11:47 PM

Mutt

Oh, I have a hell of a warm up planned... Rt40 (Ferrum to Woolwine) then Rt8 (Woolwine to Tuggles Gap) then the Blue Ridge Parkway to The Smokey Mountains.

Why do I get the feeling we're going to start out with some quick twisties before we get to the parkway?? ::) It would be a welcome change by the time I get to your house. Most of my ride is going to be straight back country roads.

Mutt

ps2/bikevision

i should be there as long as the stars stay in alinment.

ps2/bikevision

ok i finally dug out my mad map. here is the devils triangle.

Mutt

Man, looking at that map we might as well plan a ride in to Nashville, maybe catch a show there or something.

Mutt

YellowJacket!

Crap, thats right in my back yard (I live in farragut on the bottom of the map above) and I never heard of it.
I'm going on a 50 mile ride with a bunch of people from the hospital I work at.  Its called the "We Care" Bike Rally to benefit the chaplains fund for three of the hospitals in our network (Parkwest, Loudon, and Oak Ridge), so part of the ride will actually be in the triangle.

David

ps2/bikevision

its some dam good riding ill tell you. man if thats your back yard, how much land you got? enough for a tent ;D ive been thinking of looking for a place down that way. i dont have any family down there and the roads are awsome for bikes. looking at this mad map i could spend a long time riding all the routes they have. would keep me busy for awhile. and in the winter months ive got a jacked up blazer to hit the off road trails with. the only problem i got with moving down there is right now i live in a low income apt. and tring to find one down there might be a problem and still have a place to park all my stuff. i could totally be one of the redneck hillbillys i seen last year living in the back county in a trailer (wheels still on) and all kinds cars and bikes in the yard.

Mutt

PS2, you would fit right in with all those hillbillys.? :) Besides it would give you a clean slate with the cops and your blazer.? :D

Mutt

Lucky

Ps2,

I AM moving down there & one of the main reasons IS the economy.  here in RI a small 3/2 house typicly goes for around $270-$320K!!, From what i've seen the same house in eastern Tn would run $90-170K!!  Plus it's nicer weather (I've lived in New England 3/4 of my life, Enough Snow!)

maybe we'll make this Vision Mecca, lol

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

Quote from: Mutt on March 30, 2006, 11:49:59 PM
PS2, you would fit right in with all those hillbillys.?

Lucky, being a Yankee moving south, please remember they prefer to be called "Apalachian Americans"? :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano