Main Menu

Front tire

Started by kev10104, July 28, 2009, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev10104

On one side of the tire their is a cotter pin holding the tire on but on the other side id there suppossed to be a bolt through?Mine just has two holes where it looks like a bolt should go through but I might have lost mine.

[jh]

The two holes I think you are talking about is for putting something through in order to give resistance when tightening up the shaft.  If of course those are the holes you are talking about.
wow!

YellowJacket!

Thats correct, but there should also be a pinch bolt on that fork that tightens up around the shaft.  Its a bolt with an acorn nut on it.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

You have the bolt on the left side, and the pinch bolt on the right.  The axle does not have anything through the hole, that's used to allow you to pull out the axle when you want to remove the wheel.  (and as jh mentioned, to keep the axle from spinning when tightening it down)

Photo: You can see the pinch bolt on the bottom.

kev10104

Thank you guys it only took me a year to see the hole.

Tiger

:) I sent you a pm buddy... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

Thanks once again Tiger.