gasketts@carb/floats

Started by swat125, July 02, 2006, 04:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swat125

hello im looking getting the motor polished wanted to break it down also need carbs rebuilt /floats  and want new manifolds were can I get them also want dual disc set up I have 82 xz550 in az

vavision

Quote from: swat125 on July 02, 2006, 04:41:56 PM
also want dual disc set up I have 82 xz550 in az

As an 82 single owner
"Don't we all" : ). You can either pray for a miracle and find the front end of an 83 or you can look for a same year seca turbo or look to find another similar front end.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Sable

For the carbs, they are not that difficult to rebuild. Trust me, if I can rebuild a set of carbs, anyone can.
     If yours are completely shot, I would keep an eye out on e-bay. I was lucky enough to get a spare set for less than $20.00. All though they were missing some parts, between what I had on the bike and what I got on e-bay, I was able to make a solid and complete set. Also, check out Lucky's site, he is the resident carb guru.
     As for the manifolds, do you mean the intake or exhaust? If you mean the intake manifolds, they are prone to cracking on the outside, but I have yet to hear of anyone having cracks that go through to the inside. There is a product called liquid electrical tape, this works good to coat the exterior of the intake manifolds to give it a new appearance. If you mean the exhaust manifolds, you are going to have to wait for someone else to post. The exhaust system is one of the few systems on the bike that I have yet to mess with. :-[

Welcome to the board,

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker